Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Alexis R. Solano

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #31
Thanks and welcome Christoph_H84 ;

Method:

I'm thinking at the moment... there are many combinations I can go with, depends on my time. Like for example, I know for sure I will model several plants then use sprites to fill in, post render, etc... For the grass I can use fur, sprite, etc... there is no animation going on, so I wont pay too much attention to certain criteria’s. I will test, test, some of the techniques I know, read some more here and there, and come up with the best I can do (and the best my system can handle)

Cheers!

Last edited by ARSA : 10 October 2004 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Fixing Text

Old 10 October 2004   #32
Thanks and welcome joshcxa!
Any comments and sugestion are apreciated

- Cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #33
Concept Sketch: Sketch Improvement

This time I have added the "pods/fruits" to the tree, added some little bugs to the scene, and adjust the overall color once again.

- cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #34
Yo yo yo,

Looking cool...getting a better feelfor this scene. A good change from the major "disaster" look. I like the pods, alot of good things could come for that...for lighting possibilities.

Gav

Old 10 October 2004   #35
Gavin_G Thanks for the comment

Note: " I'm still missing a main character for the scene "

- Cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #36
Concept Sketch: Hero - Hope

Here is another concept for the main character.

- Cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #37
Hey,

I love the background imagery. The atmosphere of it is great! But i don't think that the foreground elements match the background ones. The foreground it oftly organic where as the stuff in the back is geometric and mechanical. Maybe find a way to bring some of the foreground elements back and the background elements forward.

peace

Old 10 October 2004   #38
Hiya there HieSpike!

I don't want to be rude, but... did you read the beginning of the thread?

- I'm saying this because this is what I want the image to look like: "there is going to be a hero/hope standing WAY BACK, staring at the enemy drones, that are looking for survivors to kill them all"

So, the idea is to show the main character waiting for his turn to strike back ( so he is staring at the enemy from a grassy/forest like mount/mountain.

Again, please don’t get me wrong! if you think My idea is "weak, lol" PLEASE explain with a little bit more detail what would you like to see .

Thank you for your imput!

- Cheers!

Last edited by ARSA : 10 October 2004 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Fixing Typo

Old 10 October 2004   #39
Red face

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, I never said your work is weak!!! I love your stuff. I just said that the stuff in the back look different than the stuff in the front. Something as tiny as a purple light in the back could bring the two planes together. And you deffinetly don't have to agree with me, its just my thoughts.

peace

Old 10 October 2004   #40
Hi Arsa, well I like your last hero concept the guy with tenticles, octopus kind of thing.
One suggestion try for making normal human legs and add a tail on his back. Just try it
and see hoe it looks. But I am fine with your last concept.

My art blog

Old 10 October 2004   #41
I like the image, but uhm I get the idea that the city is detroyed and the citizens are looking at it from a distance? There is some action, but it is quite far away. If you want to make it more dramatic and actionfull you should experiment with other camera angles. I mean, where's the really nice guy with the tenticals going to be, what's he gonna do? Or are those characters hiding from the vessels searching for targets? Anyhow, still looking good.

Old 10 October 2004   #42
Smile

First of all, thanks everybody for the support!

Originally Posted by HieSpike: Hi,

Don't get me wrong, I never said your work is weak!!! I love your stuff. I just said that the stuff in the back look different than the stuff in the front. Something as tiny as a purple light in the back could bring the two planes together. And you deffinetly don't have to agree with me, its just my thoughts.

peace
HieSpike no offence taken and thank your for keep coming back to the thread.

Regarding the front plane and the back plane, I will try my best to add some purple lights in the back, in the vegetation area and see how that looks

For the 3D scene, I already had in mind adding some of the trees with the "pods" in the foreground to the background, I bet it will look alot more detailed in the 3D. since my 2D is VERY limited the background should look like a dense vegetation.

- Thanks for coming by
- Cheers!

Originally Posted by madshooter:
Hi Arsa, well I like your last hero concept the guy with tenticles, octopus kind of thing.
One suggestion try for making normal human legs and add a tail on his back. Just try it
and see hoe it looks. But I am fine with your last concept.

madshooter Hi and thank you.

I will sketch the guy with legs and a tail to see how it looks, but I will try to stay away from the "human" legs, they will be more like some sort of "biped-animal" legs .

You know what, as a matter of facts, I will make both "human-like and animal-like" legs.

- Thanks for coming by
- Cheers!

Originally Posted by oshiroii:
I like the image, but uhm I get the idea that the city is detroyed and the citizens are looking at it from a distance? There is some action, but it is quite far away. If you want to make it more dramatic and actionfull you should experiment with other camera angles. I mean, where's the really nice guy with the tenticals going to be, what's he gonna do? Or are those characters hiding from the vessels searching for targets? Anyhow, still looking good.

oshiroii, Yes! thats exactly the point I'm trying to achieve
you said: "Or are those characters hiding from the vessels searching for targets?"

The vessels in the back, are lurking the remains of one of many destroyed cities in this planet; and the character (main guy in the picture) will be staring at the vessels from a distance, waiting for his turn to strike back. The image will not have a sense of war, action, is more like a sense of post war "calm-quite" place, because everything is destroyed, except for " HOPE "

Do you really think I should go with something more "action like"? I mean there are different stuff happening at the same time in an actual "space opera"

- Thanks for coming by
- Cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #43
I don't think you should insert more action, only if that was your goal you should have. You might make the image so it's quite long in the horizontal scale. Then make this forest like forground, like the edge of a forest. Make it so that it takes up the entire forground, like you're really looking trough the forest. And in the distance, you got these vessels searching the area and some characters hiding behind the trees. Well actually that is what you already have O_o, only I got a different picture in my head, could make a sketch to show my input if you'd like.

Old 10 October 2004   #44
I'm with you there! oshiroii

Please do, post your sketch so I can visually interpretate your message

for the final product I had in mind using a wider image, and adding a few more trees, bushes to the foreground. What you are saying sounds very similar to what I have in mind.

- Remember this is only a sketch

-cheers!

Last edited by ARSA : 10 October 2004 at 03:58 PM. Reason: adding text

Old 10 October 2004   #45
This would probably be really hard to pull off, considering you want the focus on this character, but what if you gave either natural camoflauge or thrown together/hand made stuff? That way, he'd be doing everything in his power to hide (until he strikes! )

Gav

Thread Closed share thread