Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sascha Michael Maerz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #61
wow this looks really good...they feel alive...almost can touch it...but i dont cos my hand could melt..., the design is truly good my friend...i want to see more

Old 11 November 2004   #62
hi sasha,

bisher eine 1a arbeit, die du hier ab lieferst. vor allem das organische deiner carlumen ragt heraus. womit ich auch gleich beim punkt bin, willst du diese pilsdingens so metallisch lassen, oder ihnen ehr ein kraenklich, blasses, organisches aeusseres geben - stelle mir da eine an den weltraum angepasste spezies vor (?).

ich werd das hier aufmerksam weiterverfolgen. frohes schaffen so lang.

/e: was mir noch aufgefallen ist und fuer mich der einzige kritikpkt. waer ist, dass dein schwarzes loch keine richtung aufweisst. normal werden sie ja immer als strudel und tunnel dargestellt. die blitze wirken auch ein wenig losgeloest und scheinen aus keine best. richtung zu kommen, was argh mach 2d aussieht und die tiefe des wurmloches verdirbt.

ansonsten ganz großer sport bislang ^^

Last edited by take2 : 11 November 2004 at 09:49 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #63
Hey Sascha!

Phat Respect!!!
Looks really exciting and how the great
Virtuoso said it´s something new...
and in matter of space and sci-fi it´s hard to find things
that haven´t been made before in a similar way (i think
this sentence is no correct english, but hey ).
I mean it´s so unusual and cool

*thumbs up*

Joshy the Fan

Old 11 November 2004   #64
First of all: thanxx a lot, friends, for your nice comments. This pushes me to work harder making things better

@greentek: Just do it, mate! It's a pleasure that u like the design - but it would be good if u do not make absolutely the same thing aah btw it's not a mushroom, it's some sort of jellyfish ;-)

@Virtuoso: Thanks a lot my friend! Yeaah, in Munich, theres no simple water, only good old bavarian beer Cheers, Michael! PS: What's in your tea??? I wanna have this spice,too!

@rattlesnake: Hi Jorge,yes, keep your hands safety - u need them to continue your great work! Thanx a lot, dude!

@take²: Vielen Dank, Take²! Mit dem Shading+Texturing weiss ichs selbst noch nicht so genau - momentan ist es nur ein Testtextur. Die "Augen" werden irgendwo zwischen metallisch und gelartig rangieren. Der Körper irgendwie schleimig, aber trotzdem stabil (?). Die Innenstruktur wird auf jeden Fall leuchten (glow oder so). Auch werde ich wahrscheinlich mit SSS arbeiten.
Mit dem schwarzen Loch hast Du wirklich recht. Das ist nur als Test zu sehen, mit dem ich auch nicht zufrieden bin. Werde da natürlich noch Hand anlegen. Werde da diverse Partikelsysteme bemühen. Momentan ist da zuviel 2D Technik drin ;-)
Freue mich wenn Du meinen Thread folgst. Vielen Dank :-)))

@CybapunC: Hey Josh, many thanx for your kind words:-) I'm very impressed by your speed and especially your great skill of modelling charakters. So it's a pleasure to hear from u!
cya in your thread ;-)

Peace to all...

Old 11 November 2004   #65
Man...what did u do here...this is so unique style....weeee ..congrats my friend...waiting for more

Old 11 November 2004   #66
Yeah, outstanding work!! I can't wait to see more!

Old 11 November 2004   #67
crazy modelling!
looking great... Kinda looks like bread mould if you look at it under a microscope...

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 11 November 2004   #68
Arrow

Yesss this is looking great

If I can make a suggestion I`m not sure that a reflecting material is good for this "skin" (sorry if it`s a test texture). As I wrote before something littely transparent shoud look great. Especially that you have amazing shapes here so if you build some elements inside and we can see them that will be visually fantastic. I attached few links to explain my idea:

http://kalinette.free.fr/imagran/meduse1.jpg
http://plongee.amiral.free.fr/phot/...lbum/cyanea.jpg
http://www.hunterpix.com/Media/squid.jpg

Old 11 November 2004   #69
The new look of your design is incredible... it's a true beautiful way for me... really... If you have the good mind to do that... let's go Sasha

Old 11 November 2004   #70
@DimitrisLiatsos: Thanx, Dimi, but far away from your stuff, man - hope i will follow...

@pBarrelas: Thaaanx a lot, Paulo! Hope to post more this evening....ääh or not (?) ;-))

@Versiden:Moulded bread? Yes, it was my template for finding the idea and u've noticed it ;-) I've only looked in our refrigerator,buuääh , hehe ;-))) Many thanx, friend!

@Nomad: Thanks a lot for the kind comment, suggestions and especially the pics What u saw were the inner things like veins, synapsis and ganglions. The outer hull will come and it will be transparent like your attached links. Hope I can replicate the nature....

@Lemog: Hi Laurent, thank u very much for your nice words - I'm happy that u like the way I'm doing :-))

Ok, now I'll hurry (after a good cigarette and coffee,yeahh!) at home to continue working...
cya

Old 11 November 2004   #71
supacoolmushrooms!!reallycoolconcept and greatmodellin' ya style's very good keep goin'bravo!

"Rechazando aquel que no combata....
y respetando quien nos sepa respetar"

Old 11 November 2004   #72
. can't deny, i'm blown by those organic stuffs... keep updating. nice idea btw!

Old 11 November 2004   #73
Originally Posted by Saschi0815: @greentek: Just do it, mate! It's a pleasure that u like the design - but it would be good if u do not make absolutely the same thing aah btw it's not a mushroom, it's some sort of jellyfish ;-)

thanks for permission Sascha.. and i know that your ships are jellifishes.. and i won't make the same things exactly because i am going to create mushroom ships..
anyway thanks mate! trying to be somehow useful for you as well i may offer my "nebula" DarkTree shader.. all you need to use this shader is free SimbionMAX plugin if you already don't have it..
you can see some samples of the shader here, here and here.. and if you think it may be useful for you download shader from here
shader is very flexible.. 8 colors, self-illumination, transparency and many other things like roughness and density are fully customazible in the tweaks menu.. so you can get endless variations for the compositing..
thanks again and keep great work up!
cheers.. (heh.. good bavarian beer)

Old 11 November 2004   #74
Very very stylish and interesting! Really exciting stuff!

Cheers

Old 11 November 2004   #75
Really like the render and the texturing of your spaceship ! keep the faith and go on !

Thread Closed share thread