Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sascha Michael Maerz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #16
Oh lala.....Nice storyline sascha...............Organic vessels,very interesting.I think you are onto a special creation,and knowing your talent level your vision will come to be in 3D.....You know I got a seat planted here right?

Now have fun,and create a wonderful Space opera,you sure have an excellent start.Cheers...............

Old 10 October 2004   #17
Looks like a very promising start. I really like your Car'lumen warship. Makes me think of a jelly fish. Cant wait to see it in 3d!

Good luck to ya!

My Grand Space Opera Entry

The sky is not the limit...THE GROUND IS!!!

Old 10 October 2004   #18
that is quite a storyline. What will a planet look like after its sun supernovas? Medium or well-done? Charred most likely! the jelly fish ship has great potential, could make for a spectacular image.

Keep up the great design and
thanks for your comments on my post too

jonah

Old 10 October 2004   #19
moment of silence, a moment of threat, a moment of fright..........., very nice way of presenting your concept. Concept art is looking cool. Man I love that organic warship.
Nice concept overall

My art blog

Old 10 October 2004   #20
excellent sketches you have there, especially the car'lumen ship. I like the organic feel you're going with.. can't wait to see the start to the modelling.

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 10 October 2004   #21
Thank u all for your nice comments! It's so cool to get such support. Thanxx again.

The Car'lumen is the only precise thing I have in my mind, for the Y'rr I really don't know about the style. I tend to the last one (far right) or the first....or the third...hhmmmm.
They aren't really archaic and warlike. If someone has a good idea, let me know
I hope I can make a overall sketch of the scene this week, otherwise the coming weekend.
Description of the whole scene:

In the "front"-background you'll see the open foldpoint (a terrific, huge wormhole), in front the Car'lumen vis-a-vis the Y'rr. In the far-background I will show some nebulae, gas clouds or other space stuff.

Btw: Is it allowed to do a composition like a film poster with a big charakter besides, ships, typo and the main scene mixed together?

Old 10 October 2004   #22
I really like the concepts in your entry Sascha. The organic battleship called the carlumen rocks , he has wonderful colors and nice proportions .

Waiting for more , cheers

Old 10 October 2004   #23
Jellyfish starship. That could be the name of a band from the 60's ... I like this idea of yours a lot, and I have a feeling you can pull it off too, so by all means go for it!

About the movieposter thing - it sounds like a good idea, and although I don't think it would exactly be against the rules, I'm sure that someone would suggest you don't let any typo/logo stuff get in the way of the 3D imagery which is what we want to see. The rest of the composition idea, with a character sort of crossfaded, classical movieposter style.... I don't think they would mind. (this is only my personal reflection and is not intended to be an official interpretation of the rules in particular )

[austrian accent] - Go, Sacha go now!

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 10 October 2004   #24
@adr: Thanks a lot, Adrian... Hope to make more stuff this week, to show concept things more clearly...

@JamesMK: Hahaha, and the yellyfish starband rocks with their first song "ringadingadingdong, we shot the other" *duddel*
About my poster question: Looking at some old StarWars Poster (empire strikes back etc), the epic feeling I got from is absolut amazing...Hmmm,ok, first I have to do my 3D works and so on.
If they'll be finished, I try a rough composition like that. Then I'll ask a moderator if it's right or not....
My fallback is the pure 3D compo then.....öööööhh if I will finish this time

Old 10 October 2004   #25
damn, all you guys have such a good concepts.... i definately suck!

Old 10 October 2004   #26
Organic ship it's a cool idea ! I had this idea but not the talent to sketch it and made it very well ! Keep it up !

Old 11 November 2004   #27
Concept Sketch: rough overall-sketch

...and here's my overall concept sketch - sorry it's absolutely rough, but actually my time's to less for a better one :-) and hopefully it's ok for some imagination...maybe it's not final, just one way to go. If I've got some 3Ds, eventually I'm going to try another way ;-)

Old 11 November 2004   #28
Modeling: Wormhole BKGR

...here is a pic for the background. There u can see a wormhole, foldpoint, in the back. It is made from three particlesystems (PArray, Max6) with some MotionBLur. Some VideopostFX are done for the glows and electric ripples.
Rendered in layers and merged in Photoshop with adding some stars and the blue nebulae.
Next I have to model some 3Ds. Hope someone like the style. And as always suggestions and crits are very welcome :-))

Have fun and peace...!

Ohh btw, u can click the pic above to enlarge it ;-)

Old 11 November 2004   #29
man this is going to be cool
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 11 November 2004   #30
saschi0815

That is a very cool looking color concept background , looking forward to the 3d elemtents
Mike
My space opera entry
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...86&page=3&pp=15

Thread Closed share thread