Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Linda Ferroni

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
mmmmmh... best wishes for your project... I like so much your firts modeling parts... I think that will be a great picture... I take a seat and I wait the following

Old 10 October 2004   #62
I am not going to make all the buildings in the moving town detailed just the ones that i am planing to have in focus.

---::::My website::::---
http://www.3dstation.se

Old 10 October 2004   #63
You don't modelized all the invisibles parts ????

hihihihihi sorry

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Lemog, you are the only one around nutty enough to spend two month modeling invisible parts you know

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Thumbs up Wonderfully wierd

Your building would make quite a statement if you were to come across it in space. The design looks ceremonial, the cannons a statement of imperial heritage although the overall feel of the design...the roof and turrets etc....ethnic. A British Empire Raj Palace built during the art Deco Period in space then .....definately Royal accomodation of some sort. You could go wild with the detailing on this one, not a problem with your modelling skills...rather envious . I wonder if you could texture it...not in stone etc as expected...but in fururistic space clad materials and marry old & new to this vision as a final design twist? whatever you have in mind it's looking great.

Old 10 October 2004   #66
No i won´t modell the non visible part i do not see a reason for that for an image like this i am talking about interior of buildings and spaceships but that is always relative if you have a close up of a space ship and you can se trough the window offcourse i have to modell the interior

This is what i have in mind for textures as some of you mentioned the style is something between flash gordon old style sci fi with a romantic (the smooth round modelling) influence of an outerspace empire any way this is my goal and the textures are going to be mostly kind of old metal i might put some vegetation (mechanical or not i do not know yet) at Gorbazor as well will see .

Last edited by linda : 10 October 2004 at 09:06 AM.

Old 10 October 2004   #67
Looks great Linda, as usual

I love the style of the spaceship, especially the flames (yeah, its a great model as well but you already know that.). I don't think you should change the color at all, but I'm not sure exactly of what style youre aiming for. If your'e going for realism which I know you can handle, you should change it but if not it's already excellent.

I have your thread bookmarked. Good luck to you and the rest of the swedes in this competition.

Old 10 October 2004   #68
Hmmmm attack of the swedish killer tomatos. Doh, no humor today.

Well I like everything so far. I will definitely keep checking in.

Old 10 October 2004   #69
Concept Sketch: Robot knights

This are my robot knights as i said from the beggining the moving town (Gorbazor) is my focus but i will fill it up with some moving ships to have a feeling of life but no battle, PEACE is what i whant here in the final pic.

Old 10 October 2004   #70
That is a nice concept. I like your ship, it looks great. You have alot of talent. Good Luck on the challenge.

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Good luck for your work.
I'm impressed how fast you came up with all this unique and original ideas, like the space station, the flash gordon like ship and the unlockable tower, in such a short periode of time

I was just wondering in your first concept displaying the whole scene: This planet or star in the back. Is this some sort of solar wind coming from it?

Because your were thinking if you should modell interiors or not. Your right, that it depends on the distance to camera, but keep in mind to show different sizes (space station really big, bigger ships and smaller ships). And if you have a ship quite close to camera, where you can actually see characters, that's the best refrence to determin the size of the other things in the scene, taking this ship as refrence.

Old 10 October 2004   #72
Nice new sketch.
I am impressed at how fast you are working.
And you still keep a high quality in your ideas and sketches.

Good work. I like the new robot knight.

Old 10 October 2004   #73
Thank´s guys you make me so happy with your encourage thowards me, the sun planet in the back of my concept sketch at my first thought i wanted to have a nice light source but im not sure yeat if it is going to be a sun or a glowing planet i will see about that.

Old 10 October 2004   #74
Girl you are on the run!

Tell me: Is aways easy to get the Ideas and Inspiration? Wow you are fast indeed! And doing so great work! I will love to see your colors!

Old 10 October 2004   #75
Nice style!

It would be a boring world if every one made the same things.

Keep it up.

Thread Closed share thread