Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Francesco Paduano

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
Yeah agreed with lord Sphere, you got an awesome concept with a great mood but you should find an event that fit to the scene, a story behind this image, it will make it more and more interesting !

Old 10 October 2004   #62
Originally Posted by linda: I have to say that this is my favorite so far extremly good and original thumbs up!

Good luck to you!
I'm very happy my queen

Ciao

Old 10 October 2004   #63
Super Cool.
I would love to see some ships or at least a foreground element.
Beautiful work so far!
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Originally Posted by lord Sphere: It looks excellent already (and you haven't even started..), but I have a few critiques already, too...

• It's not an entirely substantial structure. It can be perceived either as a giant colony in space or a paper-thin chunk of cylinder, depending on how you choose to look at it... although I see you're still filling in the empty space...
  • I hope you'll distinguish your cityscape from those automatically generated by the greeble plugin.
  • I suspect grays & monotones are going to abound in this challenge, so it might be a nice touch if you color & stylize your buildings to reflect a culture.

I had intention to use as focal moment of the scene, a sort of unloading on the underlying planet as soon as earth formed that represents a turn and an important moment for this culture.... however I am still working there above....

As it regards the greeble I promise you that I will try not to use it and to create how much more buildings and structures to give more variety show to the thing

Ciao and thanks for suggestions
Ficolo

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Originally Posted by KOryH: Super Cool.
I would love to see some ships or at least a foreground element.
Beautiful work so far!

Thanks I am happy that you like.
For the other elements I am working to the design of the spaceships, freighter, etc. Soon I will update you.
I have seen your job and I have to say that I love it....

Ciao
Ficolo

Old 10 October 2004   #66
Very nice concept, no doubt about it. Rocking

My art blog

Old 10 October 2004   #67
nice concept, love the colours

Old 10 October 2004   #68
thanks

ficolo

Old 10 October 2004   #69
Smile Hey

i think your work is coming very interesting, keep going, it looks great.
good luck man and see you later.

Old 10 October 2004   #70
Your idea is nice, and your concept sketch is absolutely wonderful. It's also my favorite concept, from what I've seen so far. But like what was said above, it would be a pity to see your efforts ruined by a lack of story behind it. The hard thing to do now is to find an event to display that would be as original as your concept sketch.

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Originally Posted by Chug: Your idea is nice, and your concept sketch is absolutely wonderful. It's also my favorite concept, from what I've seen so far. But like what was said above, it would be a pity to see your efforts ruined by a lack of story behind it. The hard thing to do now is to find an event to display that would be as original as your concept sketch.

Chug I work on the story event.....
thanks to Genesisa

Old 10 October 2004   #72
Talking

Originally Posted by unitstudio: Nice work ficolo. I will definitely be watching this one. The composition is great - very pure and clean. The only thing I would say, and no doubht you're getting to it, is that the foreground needs something, in part for scale, but also to lead the viewers eye into the piece - a small ship or whatever.

Otherwise, great work.

-grant
Hello unitstudio and excuse if only I now answer you but I had not seen your theread....
Thanks for the compliments and for the suggestions, in fact I am correct working to the design of the ships... I have seen your jobs they are great...

Old 10 October 2004   #73
amazing work, good luck !

space opera

my finished work

Luciano Berutti
Cg4Fun : )

Old 10 October 2004   #74
Man, grreeeaat concept....I'm curious how the 3d will look (imagining some ficolo-skilled texturework on each object)...

I believe that the upcoming story will give more life to the composition....

Keep it up

Old 10 October 2004   #75
thanks to luciano berutti, terraarc

Thread Closed share thread