Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: James Kaufeldt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
But I like your initial sketch !
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 10 October 2004   #62
James, what a great story you've got there, when i remember your art work on machineflesh and alienware i feel this challenge will be definately rough.
good luck friend. i'll check your progress indeed.

Old 10 October 2004   #63
markovicd - No funny business now, ya hear?

X-WARRIOR - Long time no see! Hope you're doing OK... and I'll refrain from bugging you with questions about... er... that project And yep, with the exception of Cinema4D and Photoshop, freeware is the way to go. Hope to see your thread in here as well soon enough... The theme should be right up your alley.

spirogyro - Indeed. Though I'm personally working this month at least

Zeratull - Good point about the flaw in the story. But it's like I usually say when watching action-adventure movies: "Never kill a good story by introducing logic." Good point about the battle factor as well. I'll keep it as a mere background detail - not very prominent in the final image.

jdddog - Maybe it's time to get your glasses adjusted

Designer2 - Thanks, mate. I'll keep an eye on yours as well you know.

---------------------------------------------------------

That aside, I've been doodling some more. I'm not 100% convinced that my current concept will work just yet, so there might be some changes soon. Been drawing some designs for the battledroid to warm up, but I don't really feel them either. Much more concept work needed. Stay tuned, and may the schwartz be with you and your projects!

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Hello JamesMK!! I really like the innovation and the power in your story!!! I'm new to these Grand Space Challenges so I hope I'll learn alot even by just watching!!! Wish you the best starts!!!

The sketch is not too explanatory to my eyes...but I see the triangle! Anyway, keep it up! Waiting for the partial sketches....CPU and staff!!! Bring in the Terra-Hz!!!

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Originally Posted by JamesMK: jdddog - Maybe it's time to get your glasses adjusted

lol or cleaned do you mean ? haha

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 10 October 2004   #66
Hey Wabbit ....the story is way cool and at the same time simple and i think u gave a more space tech taste to your story with this giant cpu stuff. I lke the concept too and i think that i will soon see there the WABBIT BUBBLE twist ( it's there in your head..i know )

What i would like to see more but i don't know if it is proper for your composition is more structures in the center background. Maybe also u can show ionization in the atmosphere the moment they detach the CPU or the moment they attack on it...

P.S : don't tell me u are still using that revised Pentium with less than 512 Mbytes ram ?.... u are my hero

BUBBLE NUT

Old 10 October 2004   #67
terraarc - In a historical perspective, all my sketches are famous for being rather impossible to make something out of so you're not alone there... The teraHertz thingies are booting as we speak....

jddog - Cleaned AND adjusted

Dimitris - Some more filling in the background center might be a good idea. I will probably show some of the more distant city|nodes there... It's a good observation: the inner area defined by the triangle would feel empty without it. Some ionized air and electric arcs might fit the moment quite well - - - And yes, I'm still on my 466 MHz/224 MB RAM ... just need careful planning, and everything will work out fine

xenomata

Old 10 October 2004   #68
markovicd - No funny business now, ya hear?
ok, i wont :(

Concept designer

Old 10 October 2004   #69
^^ GREAT, I’m looking forward to see some more sketches, I like sketches, they give me the necessary amount of information to visualize the final product ; that way I can give you my personal opinion based upon "What would I like to see"

Cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #70
Cool

Amazing story!!
And good sketch, want to see more!

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Very nice orignal concept, Waiting to see more updates

My art blog

Old 10 October 2004   #72
just want to get clear on this, "Lord Panzerpants", does mean we need to expect another version of the “groin adapter"

Old 10 October 2004   #73
markovicd. - I'm glad to hear that

ARSA - Yeah, there's a bit more coming below now...

SuperXCM - It's a horrible sketch, but I've got another one for you below

madshooter - Coming... coming...

flyingP - Nah, no groin adapters this time Have to come up with something infinitely more silly.... Not yet though [damn, there really should be an eyebrow-waving emoticon available around here somewhere]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've been playing around some more.... New concept painting below::::

xenomata

Old 10 October 2004   #74
Concept Sketch: Battledroid #1

Just playing around with an idea for the battledroid design. I want something that would seem to be an effective device - just legs and a big chaingun of sorts...

xenomata

Old 10 October 2004   #75
heya

this design rocks!

Concept designer

Thread Closed share thread