Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Darko Markovic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
thnx mate!

thnx man very much... well about elbow yes they look skinish because i didnt render it in that postion to show u what i have done i made elbow longer )
nevermind i`ll fix this stuff !

thnx mate very much!

Concept designer

10 October 2004
Modeling: update

Fixed some stuff on alien! :)
and here is the render ... just simple shader phong without light just render! :)
hope u like him... he needs just hands... now i am of... i need to meet with one chick :D

Concept designer

10 October 2004
story

here had some spare time like 1-2 minutes

story:
Grand Space Opera:

Well , story goes like this… There was a planet of race “Phelius” , they are peaceful people , that are raised like warriors from their birth to and of their life. But one day happens something strange their city vanished! Nobody knows what happen to it… Eons after group of “Phelius” warriors , want to know what happened to city so they go to their mother planet and start searching for their hometown… After sometime they find some seismic movements , and they go there… After all they have found it! They are tired , and exhausted …

In the picture that is going to be made 3D , u can see alien on rocks , looking on city underneath him and saying “Home again”

Concept designer

10 October 2004
Modeling: weapon

started on weapon

Concept designer

10 October 2004
hi,
I saw that's an alien, but with human body, it seems that shoulders are a bit strange . If i were you i would make a very strange body with more changes, more deformation. he's so human for an alien, except feet. (But it's a good start he's already green ).
headlook good.
Keep up rhythm.

David.

10 October 2004
Hi again Darko.................Well got a couple things to say................First I like what you have,I do think Davee brings up a good point in your alien creation.You should go for some changes,slight ones.

Most importantly I wanted to point you out to these Challenge instructions: We are not looking for pictures of flying saucers, green humanoid aliens or spacemen with laser blasters. Please be original and imaginative.

Guidelines and Tips

• The key phrase in this challenge is “Grand Space Opera”. You need to create a visual icon that captures and encapsulates the truly epic scale. Book covers are a great example of the sort of iconic image we are after.
• If you're unsure of the idea of a space opera, then think along the lines of “Star Wars”.
We are not looking for pictures of flying saucers, green humanoid aliens or spacemen with laser blasters. Please be original and imaginative.
• Be original. Anything to close to a published image will be excluded to avoid any potential copyright violations. It's fine to be inspired by Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Babylon 5 or any pre-existing stories, but no copies please.

I think in the end it's up to you,it's your art and your time.But I wanted to at least warn you of some of the rules,and hope that this might be of help to you...........Something for you to consider.............Either way,I wish you the best,and until later I'll catch up with you then.................

10 October 2004
ok... thnx guys just woke up came back home at 3:30 AM... going to fix this with alien... and Virtuoso ok i get it )

thnx anyway

Concept designer

10 October 2004
Modeling: test shader

here test shader... my alien is probably going to be yellow...

hope u like it :P

Concept designer

10 October 2004
Modeling: alien-finito

here basic form done some stuff still need to be fixed... he is almost finished with modeling

weeeee ! :D

Concept designer

10 October 2004
Modeling: alien weapon

alien weapon... this is how i see it... he is holding it with hand inside :)

greatz

Concept designer

10 October 2004
nice

yo mate, ur stuff is started to take shape...i like where ur going...
suggestions: the shoulders, thigh, lips (try making it look more in a natural position, curreatly it looks like he want to kiss some one LOL) and some miror changes here and there will make it look smashing... keep up the good works... c ya around

10 October 2004
Modeling: Energy platform

here started modeling on first alien building
it is energy generator... ! :D
and there will be light in hole ...
i couldent put sketches first because my dad took camera with him - fu... :(
anyway...
quick render no textures

hope u like it

Concept designer

10 October 2004
Modeling: Energy platform