Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Paul Gulianelli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
damn.. there was mistake in the link text.. now it's ok..

11 November 2004
Got it! :-) Many, many thanks! Will take a look at how the tree is constructed and see what I can learn from that. Again, it's truly a superb bit of work, Paul. Look forward to seeing how your thread progresses, and will attempt to put the info about how to avoid pixililation of procedural animations to the test tomorrow. About to open DarkTree and see how this is engineered! :-)

11 November 2004
@ nuclearman: no probs Michael..

good luck in DarkTree research and thanks a lot my friend..

cheers..

11 November 2004
Thanks, Paul! I successfully opened it, and immediately had to open my manual because you were using a couple of components I'd never really examined thoroughly -- namely the HSV Attractor and the Cache. Ah, well, the night is still young! :-) Have an excellent Wednesday, Paul, and thanks again!

11 November 2004
Wow, now those textures are great! Really great job!

My GSO

11 November 2004
Great textures there! And procedurals? You have my applause mate and lots of "WOW" too. Are you thinking "procedurals all the way" on the contest?

11 November 2004
Wonderful texturing work !!
I'm amazed !

Waiting for updates.

My Website

11 November 2004
The planets looking very cool. I love the one with the lights! Keep it going!

11 November 2004
@ nuclearman:
Quote: Thanks, Paul! I successfully opened it, and immediately had to open my manual because you were using a couple of components I'd never really examined thoroughly -- namely the HSV Attractor and the Cache. Ah, well, the night is still young! :-) Have an excellent Wednesday, Paul, and thanks again!

thanks Michael.. HSV Attractor and Cache components work quite simple but i'm sure you already know it.. the shader lacks many things but now i'm intensively working on the composition so i have to leave DarkTree for a while.. i'll post you a final version of the shader as i finish it.. once again i want to thank you Michael for all the kind words and encouragement!

@ terraarc:
Quote: Great textures there! And procedurals? You have my applause mate and lots of "WOW" too. Are you thinking "procedurals all the way" on the contest?

thanks a lot Mike for compliment.. i'm really very glad you like them yeah.. i'm thinking procedurals all the way.. and not only in the challenge.. procedural textures have many negative moments but i like them for all great possibilies they have.. so i'm hard line procedural painter.. thank you very much Mike for your interest!

@ Kaksht and Deadly Force:
thanks guys a lot for comment and encouragement! i'm very glad you like my textures..

well.. thanks a lot to all of you guys for your comments! very appreciatted..
untill later and cheers!

11 November 2004
@ otacon: oops.. sorry.. you posted while i was writing replay..
thank you very much Jason for comment..
cheers..

11 November 2004
hey hey hey, those textuers r gr8 man... it surely dosent looks procidural.. aweosme job on those man.. keep it up...

11 November 2004
Smile Ships

Originally Posted by greentek:

small ships..

The viewpoint is a good one.

Hope you submit some ships

Good luck!

11 November 2004
WOW Paul...those planets look awesome! They look so...real!

Its hard to believe that they are proceedurals and shaders. Unbelievable! I had no idea how versatile those can be. I look forward to seeing what else you can do with them.

My Grand Space Opera Entry

The sky is not the limit...THE GROUND IS!!!

11 November 2004
I hadn't seen Dark Tree in a while and I certainly haven't seen results like that. The glowing cities look so good. I couldn't apply something like that on the challenge but I'm working on another project in which it would be perfect.

Thanks, I'll have to research this more. Is there any place I could go for more info?
wyattharris.com Dig it!

11 November 2004
Modeling: Hellbringer -

Hi all.. This is a model of Hellbringer.. Main "bad guy" in the scene.. Design is inspired and based on the excellent sketches of Sascha Michael Maerz (Saschi0815, thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=178938)
Many thanks to him for his kind permission to use this style..
Despite the fact that Hellbringer looks like mushroom it won't be organic-like object.. From this orthographic wire views is difficult to understand but it will be hard-shell ship containing inside itself huge amount of energy and erupting horrific plasma fireballs..
Supposed to be really scary monster..
After basic texturing i'll post shaded renders cos now with default textures it looks, without exaggeration, like pure b***shit.. :-D

Thanks for watching and c&c..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 05:42 PM.

Thread Closed share thread