Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Paul Gulianelli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
now I have to ask... is this an energy weapon or is it shooting with some kind of bullets?
Otherwise your work is super cool... I love it! Keep it up!

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: Civilization's Logo

Hi.. here is civilization's logo or insignia or whatever it is.. i need something for the easy and clear identification of Humans.. stylized sun, land and water represent main characteristics necessary for the existance of the civilization .. some ID within galaxy.. :D

i'm going to use it in several places in the scene..

the logo is quite simple but i spent nearly one week thinking about how to make it.. i mean how it should look..

the logo i made in Photoshop..

cheers..

11 November 2004
Very impressed with the logo, very distinctinve. It also has that modeled feel, def not a Photoshop feel.

11 November 2004
@ Borro: hi.. thank you for comment.. i'm very glad you like it..

what about weapon, honestly i don't know.. but i think it should use some kind of energy instead of usual bullets.. i'm spending too much time thinking about visual concepts of the work so i can't pay the same attention to the scientific or technical things..

eventually i think we are doing an art here and not some
scientific research..
Star Wars are full of paradoxes but it doesn't makes this movie to look
worse..

for me it's enough if stuff looks believable and can represent main idea..

i might be wrong but this is the way i work..
thanks again and cheers..

11 November 2004
hmm that's a nice logo =). in the modelling of the maachine gun, it's good, but i think you can go a lot more crazy in the details, something that always helps, is using some booleans, to have more complicated shapes, you know, doing mechanical stuff is all about primitives, but we have to hide it a little bit, i hope this helps, and if you try to do the final image with cel shading, it can be really cool!

good luck man!

<°))))<
fishies

11 November 2004
judging by the logo, i suppose your war cry is "Just Do It"

i dont mean to offend, i just thought that it looked a bit like the Nike swish. like if Xena wore a leather bustier and shot her own fitness video or something.

i absolutely love your renders so far. like sketches out of comic books. im a fan. i havent read all the posts so far so now im off to look for a post where you might have already explained how you did those.

great going!

11 November 2004
@ neble: hi.. i'm very glad you find the logo very distinctinve.. thank you for comment..

@
3db2:
thanks for comment and suggestions..

maybe your right.. but relative size of the PDS is not so big and i think i can add more details later, in the texturing process, if it will be necessary.. from the other side chunky look is part of the general style.. i do not aim to make them round or some complex shaped..
here is a pic for refference.. as you can see gun system is not so big..
thanks again for supprt..
cheers..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 12:00 AM.

11 November 2004
@ dahiya: LOL...

a ton of thanks for the great point.. i even didn't think about that.. now i can clearly see..

LOL..

though i don't think Nike will suit with me about this logo but i have to change it.. i'll think how to replace it..

thanks a lot for compliments and support.. very appreciated..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 01:01 AM.

11 November 2004
Hi Greentek! I like your concept and what you've modelled so far bery much. The only think I would advise is checking again your composition. It looks great, but in my opinion there is too big contrast in dynamism and action betwean the left and right side of the picture. I think it would be better if for example some ships went from the planet into the same direction. It would move the "center of dynamism" of the picture closer to th ecenter of the image. Hope you got what I mean. But nevertheless great work being done here

11 November 2004
The planet and the background space of your composition are greate 'cause their sense of reality and the models of spaceships are good too, but the composition itself maybe its too much wide and the elements in it are a bit scattered.

11 November 2004
@ arturro and @ LuisNCT: thank you guys a lot for comments and support..

both of you noticed the same thing about emptiness on the left side of the composition and contrast in the action.. your right and thank you for crit but please consider that composition is still WIP.. all my working sketches are hand-drawn and because i dont have a scanner i cant post them yet..

there is a lot of action on the left side.. virtually the main action takes place exactly there.. Particloids strike the planet with huge release of energy.. i'll be back to the composition after completing the model of Frigate..

thank you again for you comments..

cheers..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 03:17 PM.

11 November 2004
Quote: judging by the logo, i suppose your war cry is "Just Do It"

That's a good one! But Greentek I think you've created something very interesting. I would encourage you to explore your current logo

Cheers

11 November 2004
Nice Concept ! Look forward to seeing more details!
M&S 3D (3rd Ru.. Up) Hi-Res l Detail l WIP
Journey 2D unfinished

11 November 2004
@ keetmun:

Originally Posted by keetmun: That's a good one! But Greentek I think you've created something very interesting. I would encourage you to explore your current logo

thanks.. i think i won't change it.. maybe slightly the wave..

@ adel3d: thank you very much..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks a lot guys for your comments and support..

sorry, but i'll check your threads a bit later cos now im intensively working on the concept..
im going to change my scene totally and move it from the open space to the planet surface.. or maybe some mix.. cos even filling with an action the left side of the composition it still won't be expressive enough i think..

well.. im doing new sketch now so see you later..

cheers..

11 November 2004
Youre definately progressing along nicely, looks like youve got a nice variety of space craft going and yet the overall feel and look of each concept is consistent, which is definately a good thing.

I defiantely look forward to seeing how you copmpose the scene with all your new elements, i wouldnt mind seeing some of your sketch work, you should perhaps post up the ideas youre generating on paper. In any case your doin' well, i look forward to your updates.

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Thread Closed share thread