Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Adrian Tee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Post Effects and Compositing: glow effect + rays

I just read up on using rays together with glows, seems to give off a nice effect, I like it!!

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
Texturing: Afflictio texture..

base texture, hoped to rely more of the effects on lighting.. any comments to make it look better?

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
Texturing: afflictio

Update on the texture, I don really have any idea on the material except that it is kinda of like a shiny material, a volcanic rock polished to perfection. That is why it is black. And I also added the glow to give it more life.

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
Texturing: Hellatorius

Updated on Hellatorius, the base texture is not detail as it will be seen only from far away. Heavy use of glow will be used.

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
more to come, stay tuned!

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
Texturing: too many lights

This texture has too many lights, abandoning it...

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
Texturing: Aff

Can anyone tell me why the bump lines are so pixelated??? PLzzzzz? I think Im gonna dump the bump lines in favor of something better.

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
Texturing: Aff texturing update

Removed some lights, get rid of bump and rendered with glow fx. What do you think?

Dive Into the Pool

12 December 2004
I must say, your concept of this whole scene is very well organized and depict a vast and massive civilization. I love your ships, however i think you can add more details to the textures. SpaceShips are usually bright and silverish but your theme or dark and shiny glowly is a rather unique choice of theme.

I bid you luck in your progress and hope you will finish in time. All the best

~nick

www.teapot.com.my
- Malaysia's CG Portal
www.qube.asia - Coming Soon

01 January 2005
looking great man. I feel akin to your ideas. Keep at it. Have a wonderful new year!

01 January 2005
Texturing: Aff

Supposedly final texturing for the afflictio battleship. I have a strong feeling that it will bear some changes in the future, until then I have to texture the other ships. Hopefully I will make it to the finish line! Good luck and Happy new year 2005 to everyone.

Dive Into the Pool

01 January 2005
Texturing: Hellatorius texture

Hellatorius texture, hopefully to be finalised. It is not detail because the model will be viewed from a distance.

Dive Into the Pool

01 January 2005
Concept Sketch: Neo-divinitus

When i was texturing the mothership, divinitus, I didnt quite like the feel of it and the shape of the ship doesnt seem to be menacing enough, therefore I bring you the Neo-Divinitus!! Will model asap... gawd its 14 days left and Im still modelling :P

Dive Into the Pool

01 January 2005
I know the feeling... Good work though I really like the sketch.. shoulda be really tight!

Thread Closed share thread