Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Kory Heinzen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
very nice .. love the warm noisy render ... ya got style by the bucketloads

10 October 2004
Modeling: chris model wip wires

and for you kids that always ask for wires...
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

10 October 2004
Hi Kory........................very nice indeed.For me he is just fine.But somewhere in me there is a love for caricatures,half human half toon calling out.A stylized more fun approach can work as well.......................You have one fine Christoper there,but perhaps a more ("Shrek like ")influence would be more fun..................Just thinking out loud........Love your concept,such elegance and style,and I think a fun loving caricature would be just the spin on the entire thing....................Either way I'll be watching for more all the time............Nice all the way..............

10 October 2004
Coolies....looking great

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

10 October 2004
Arrow

Will your Columbus be meeting anyone, or will the focus be the civilization that has followed him to the new land?

10 October 2004
Very nice !!!

10 October 2004
Very nice Koryh. Finally an update I find the forearms a bit too long. other than that, it looks good. CHeers!

-dom

11 November 2004
Pretty nice progress! The face has that certain feeling an explorer/wondered should have! I believe you should now start adding some discreet tech-gadgets all over him.

Very cool so far

11 November 2004
Great concepts - love the ship! Looking forward to see the rest.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

11 November 2004
Arrow Ships

Once again, great concept. As a fan of this kind of ships I attached two drawings, one of Santa Maria and one of another ship... maybe that will help you for some inspiration.

11 November 2004
Excellent modeling!!! Continue like that!!

11 November 2004
Damn Kory... This is rocking.

11 November 2004
Hey, thanks guys!
I got some more work done this weekend, not much, but some.
I'll post some images when I can.

Nomad- Thanks for the images, the more reference and inspiration the better.

dom- I agree about the arms. They do seem a bit long. We'll see where I go with the style.

TiTaNiuM sAMuRa- I will have something in the forground that would lead one to believe they are not alone. I'll keep it hush hush for now. No need to give the house away just yet.

Virtuoso- thanks. I think I have the "Shrek style" figured out wink wink

Although I would love to do more of a wacky thing I think it may seem out of place with the theme. It will be a balance I will try to achieve.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

11 November 2004
Thumbs up

Hello KOryH,

I think that the landing sketch #30 is the way to go...it's really evocative and could offer many chances of development....really nice...

Looking at your thread I noted that you and the others called Christopher Columbus....Christopher Columbus; but we in Italy call him "Cristoforo Colombo", and everybody there (in Italy, I'm not there at the moment) think that Christopher/Cristoforo was italian....I had a doubt and I looked at the Wikipedia...what I discovered? I found that there are doubts that he was Italian.....people in Portugal think that he was Portuguese, in Spain that he was Spanish (I know that because I went to Barcelona and there is a square and a statue dedicated to him, Cristofer Colon).....all that I'm saying has quite nothing to do with CG, anyway...It could be really funny if you will use some kind of out-of-the-lines flag, I don't know, like the Giamaican flag....it could be really funny and you'll drive crazy hundreds of people...

I think that you are developing a great project...Have a nice work. Bye.

Agostinus

Last edited by ago-stino : 11 November 2004 at 11:39 PM.

11 November 2004
I really like the style and idea.

Have you thought of including some of the local inhabitants watching from a hiding place? ie. in some bushes/behind some rocks in the foreground.

Might add to the drama and say something about the arrogance of man and the repetition of history......

... or politicise something more than you want! Just an idea.

Thread Closed share thread