How to sculpt eyes?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
How to sculpt eyes?

How can I sculpt the eyes like the image below. Not the eyeballs just the area around the eyes. It doesn't need to be exactly like the picture below, just the way it's done in general. I just want the eyeball to be wrapped by the skin, engulfed, realistically.

Could someone post step wise screenshots of their process? That would be very helpful

2 Weeks Ago
zbrush 4r8
brush>chisel brush
press the M key and select eye 03

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by informerman: zbrush 4r8
brush>chisel brush
press the M key and select eye 03
That's a shortcut, I don't get any control over it. No customisation.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by surajsirohi1008: That's a shortcut, I don't get any control over it. No customisation.
The idea of that is to give you a base eye to sculpt on. The other option is to do the whole thing from scratch, and there are videos on Youtube showing various methods.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Dillster: The idea of that is to give you a base eye to sculpt on. The other option is to do the whole thing from scratch, and there are videos on Youtube showing various methods.
I guess I have no other option

1 Week Ago
Block out the shapes first and then dynamesh into one object:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMZKQj-M5Y

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Psyk0: Block out the shapes first and then dynamesh into one object:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMZKQj-M5Y
will give it a try

1 Week Ago
Every feature on the body and face has its own anatomy within. So a nose has a certain anatomy vs. a ear vs. the eye. So understanding the muscles of convex and concave shapes around the eye will help you understand what the skin around the eye is exactly doing. You have to hit few key points for the eyes to look accurate.

This is an image I got off of pinterest. It shows you different sections how the skin is wrapping around the eye.
The image you showed is by Philippe Faraut and I highly recommend purchasing his books. He breaks each section of the body and head very nicely. He makes it very easy to understand how to sculpt in the anatomy.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by HannahKang: Every feature on the body and face has its own anatomy within. So a nose has a certain anatomy vs. a ear vs. the eye. So understanding the muscles of convex and concave shapes around the eye will help you understand what the skin around the eye is exactly doing. You have to hit few key points for the eyes to look accurate.

This is an image I got off of pinterest. It shows you different sections how the skin is wrapping around the eye.
The image you showed is by Philippe Faraut and I highly recommend purchasing his books. He breaks each section of the body and head very nicely. He makes it very easy to understand how to sculpt in the anatomy.

This image is pretty helpful, I will sure checkout his book

reply share thread