Clipbrush - Symetry Problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 05 May 2014   #1
Clipbrush - Symetry Problem

Hi!

Since my last problem was solved by you so easily you may be able to help me on something that I find annoying for quite some time now.

http://imgur.com/k36NXjC

Allright im working on a symetrical body. I extrude parts of the feet making up armor pieces.
Since i cant be perfectly straight with that i use clip brushes to cut off straight edges/curves and circles.

However if I want to cut in the inside (as shown in the picture) ofc the clip brush will cut everything beyond that wich means the other part from the other leg will be clipped..... since its symetrical booth parts will end up completely demolished with crazy artifacts.

Sometimes a bit smooth/polish etc helps but I really would like to clip those edges but work smetrical (so booth feet are the same)

I tried to let the curve go out of the picture but I cant get it to work.

If theres no way to clip em and u have a better idea than polish/flatten/smooth and move I will take that too.... like, there must be something

regards t

Old 05 May 2014   #2
Symmetry dosn't really work with the clip/trim(r6) brushes. One way around it is to just delete half of the model, work on one side and use the mirror & weld function to regain your symmetry. You can just keep jumping back and forward quite quickly with this method if you need to add further clip detail.

Old 05 May 2014   #3
Originally Posted by musashidan: Symmetry dosn't really work with the clip/trim(r6) brushes. One way around it is to just delete half of the model, work on one side and use the mirror & weld function to regain your symmetry. You can just keep jumping back and forward quite quickly with this method if you need to add further clip detail.

yea thats what I figured out woking the last hours and works just as good.

thanks anyways

reply share thread