Exporting

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2013   #1
Exporting

hello, I am sorry for the basic question but I didn't knew what to look for exactly on forums

as you can see I added a lot of geometries here and I want to export them, well this is one level and I don't think Normal map will bring the exact details to the original base mesh

the only solution in my mind is to decimate it then bake the normal, is there any better way????

Attached Images
File Type: jpg z.jpg (73.4 KB, 10 views)

Old 12 December 2013   #2
Have you tried ZRemesher instead? There are a couple of ways to do what you want. Here is one:

Click on the subtool you want to remesh with ZRemesher. Now click Freeze Subdivision (in Geometry palette) to freeze the subdivision levels and bring the selected Subtool to level 1, or level 2 if 1 doesn't support the higher details. If level 2 works better, click delete lower.

Click ZRemesher (in Geometry palette). When ZRemesher is done, click the Freeze Subdivison button to unfreeeze and allow ZBrush to recalculate the subdivision levels and project the details onto the retopoed mesh.

Old 12 December 2013   #3
well unfortunately I haven't got 4R6 yet, but it is good to know the new solution
thanks for replying

Old 12 December 2013   #4
Originally Posted by Maymoon: well unfortunately I haven't got 4R6 yet, but it is good to know the new solution
thanks for replying

4R6 is a free upgrade as usual.

Old 12 December 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread