New SizeAjustor plugin (for ZBrush, PC+MAC)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 11 November 2013   #1
Cool New SizeAjustor plugin (for ZBrush, PC+MAC)

SizeAjustor plugin : Adjust draw size / focal shift ( and more ) by simply moving X and Y mouse axis while holding down a hotkey. Don't interrupt your workflow anymore when adjusting brush size or focal shift, instead smoothly adjust it with visual feedback, just like in mudbox, photoshop, etc... !!!

>>> Download :

ZBrush_SizeAjustor_Plugin_v0.92.zip
(latest version)

>>> Description :

I was always pissed when I had to adjust draw size or focal shift with a slider, and wanted to have a tool which would prevent from getting out of the sculpting workflow too much, just like like in Photoshop with alt or Maya/Mudbox holding B key. The adjust plugin did not do it for me, so I started to write my own, and there it is.

So : You assign a hotkey to the big button, while sculpting you hold that hotkey and adjust a chosen parameter with X axis and another one with Y.

While doing this, you have instant visual feedback of brush size and focal shift, as well as numerical looking at the sliders updating in real time.

You can also adjust Z Intensity and RGB Intensity if you want, and you have two separate parts in the plugin ( "SizeAjustor A" and "SizeAjustor B" ) which do exactly the same thing so you can have up to two hotkeys adjusting different parameters.

The current version is v0.92, I would like it to be tested some more before making it a 1.0. Yet, it already works very well and is totally usable. It has been improved since the first release and you can except some more features to come.

Voilà ! Hope you will like it, use it and find it useful. I would like a lot of feedback ( I hope less problem reports and more bugless thanks ), so don't hesitate. Also pardon me for my English and if you see any mistake let me know. Happy sculpting !!!

>>> Installation :

Just extract the whole archive in zBrush plugins folder, depending of your OS :
For PC : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugs"
For Mac : "/Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R?/ZStartup/ZPlugs"
( Replace "ZBrush...?" with your own zBrush install folder )

Hope you will like it and that you'll find it useful.

Old 11 November 2013   #2
Thanks, that looks very useful.

Old 11 November 2013   #3
Okay I'm a bit stuck on setting up the hotkeys. When I open the plugin and click on say the Draw Size, I click a key on my keyboard. But it doesn't work and moving the mouse doesn't adjust anything.

Can you give more specifics on setting up the hotkeys please?

Old 11 November 2013   #4
Hello

Reading what you wrote makes me think that you didn't set the hotkey properly, as I've already got quite a lot of feedback and you're the first one who reports that it doesn't work, in the worst cases the plugin operated anyway - I mean not nothing happened, and those errors have already been fixed. I hope it is nothing bad, anyway I'm here to help

To set up a hotkey for the plugin, you must CTRL-ALT-CLICK on the big button, and zBrush will ask you to push a choosen key that will be assigned ( it is just the usual zBrush way of setting hotkeys, check the documentation if you're not sure ).

Did you set the hotkey on the big button with the mouse and circle arrows icon on it ( the one pictured just here ) ?

The "BIG Button" :

This is the only button on which you have to set a hotkey. The buttons with "Draw size" " Focal Shift" "Z Intensity" and "RGB Intensity" are only here to choose the parameters that will be adjusted when you move your mouse horizontally for X and vertically for Y.
You must not set a hotkey on them or on any other button beside the 'big' button pictured up !

Also, clicking the big button won't do anything : you must activate it with the hotkey you've assigned to it.

The plugin is also known not to work with a (very) few keys. ( That being caused by the way zBrush handle them - not really my bug and not really a problem anyway as I think other zBrush features/plugins must certainly have that issue too ).

Whenever you are doubting about the plugin operating properly, try with another key.

Putting SHIFT+key is also not a good choice as you need SHIFT to switch to smooth brush ( and setting its parameters ).

Also, take care to install the plugin properly, you MUST extract the archive as is in your zbrush startup plugins folder, exactly as it is in the archive.

There is also a "Help" button inside the plugin. Did you press it ? I'm not a native English speaker, so if my instructions on that help screen aren't clear enough, or have grammar mistakes in it, let me know too please

Hope it will solve your problem

Please let me know about it !!!

Thank you for your feedback

Last edited by keupon : 11 November 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Old 11 November 2013   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by keupon
To set up a hotkey for the plugin, you must CTRL-ALT-CLICK on the big button.....

That's what I needed to know, thanks. I will try it later after college and post the results here.

Old 11 November 2013   #6
Got it working, thanks.

Old 11 November 2013   #7
No problem

Glad to help ( and glad too that's not a bug hehe )

Old 07 July 2014   #8
Hey!

Would anyone know how to keep the preference settings for the plugin saved, even after quiting zbrush?

It keeps resetting over here.

Old 07 July 2014   #9
Great little plugin. Looks like a very handy addition. Although personally I have always mapped brush size to my Wacom scrollwheel.

reply share thread