Does R5 crash a lot or is it just me?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Does R5 crash a lot or is it just me?

Hi Guys,

Does R5 crash pretty frequently for you guys as well? I am getting constrant crashes when using multi map exporter or when using BPR. BPR takes ages and most of the time it just crashes before completing, this is with default settings pretty much. I don't have any of these problems in R4 so I am wondering if I should reinstall R5 or if it is less stable in general.

03 March 2013
No more crashes than usual for me, ie just occasionally it happens when I have a really high poly item with lots of sub tools.

03 March 2013
I am getting a lot of crashes and freezes. Projects take a long time to save and load and the files are pretty big compared to what I am used to. I am using new features and that might be why. Also I switched to AVG free from Avast antivirus and I reckon AVG is screwing things up a bit. With antivirus off the app works better.

Avast is known for working well in the background, shame they kept smacking me over the head with a constant java update alert that was completed long ago.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread