RELATION BETWEEN SUBTOOLS'SIZE (GEOMETRIE PANEL) & SUBTOOLS'SIZE (DEFORMATION S PANEL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Question RELATION BETWEEN SUBTOOLS'SIZE (GEOMETRIE PANEL) & SUBTOOLS'SIZE (DEFORMATION S PANEL

Hi everyone,

I am learning Zbrush for 3 weeks now, thats very interesting for me and my old workflow... But I have a technical question that I try to understand for weeks, and nobody seems to answered me accuratly:

This is very simple, all is in the title, I think that I alread solve it, but I am not sure and I need to cover assignements, I had troubles by using dynamesh and I got differents resolusions between subtools, here is an exemple in the picture.

I've been 'playing' with the panel geometry and deformation ones, each has a 'size' function...

My goal is:

To get the same size in the geometry panel between my subtools (or what ever solution is the best).

Being able to get a subdivision enough to create accurates details, models (like the tooth in the pic here)

If someone can helpme it will be VERY usefull, I talk 3 languages, I've been looking in many places to now 'how'.

Greetings

Jeremy.

02 February 2013
I don't see any picture in your post.

02 February 2013
Picture

Wait a minute I am doing the necessary, THX!

Just tell me if you cant see the details?

I am classic 3d sofware user, even if I dont have the best visual level, I know whats goin on with object size and the impact that can do the mess in a workflow, since days, weeks, I am confusd by that in zbrush, and no one knows? Cant? Whatever....

Any helps are more than welkom.

Jeremy

Thx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by JeremyBelly02 : 02 February 2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Picture missing

02 February 2013
Simply hover the cursor over the "XYZ Size" option in the Geometry panel and press the CTRL key. An explanation of what you are asking will appear.

02 February 2013
Thumbs up

THX Ezekiel,

Things are workin this morning, but I prefer to work witha full ūderstanding of what I do, then...
Thx again, see ya !

Jermy

02 February 2013
Smile hey

Hallo Ezekiel,

Indeed you taught me how to display that new help functions from ZB 4.5, thats cool, then by this action you told me todo I coud read the help about that.....

but I think THAT I UNDERSTAND WHY my dear EZEKIEL!!! :

I USED TO TRANSFORM THE COMPLETE SUBTOOL WITH moveW/scaleE/rotateR which are linked to that size panel into the geometrie one...

(in 3dsmax we cannot do that to, but there is a way, few ways to reset that value...)

I think I know where is it in ZB but please Dear Ezekiel? unify? lest try...

THX dear thx to all of ya!

02 February 2013
Question no

////In fact when I unify it rescale the object... I just want to reset the value without scalin the object eg:

I select a subtool with a size equal to : X =1 Y=1 Z= 1 , then I rescale it: X =1.2 Y=2 Z= 0.5

then I want a function who reset the initial value which are : X =1 Y=1 Z= 1without scaling the object, do you know how I can do that
?

THX!

Jeremy///

If found the solution ... its not like that...
that we can modify our dynamesh by adding resized curve (eg) woth out a loss of resolution...

I am continuing it then , if works, but if someone got a better way , please share it!!!

Jeremy
All what I wrote above are not what i was thinking to be these values are measures ones (I am thinin with the logic of 3dsmax).
I worked for 3 hours tonight, and finally i look my model wich again loose details (i sued to add rescalesnapcurvetube to make muscle I am sure its beause that byt what the solution ?

Who knows???

Last edited by JeremyBelly02 : 02 February 2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: I did a mystake

03 March 2013
im a little lost
but in most cases with other apps you need to do Tool>Deformation > unify

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread