CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Pixologic ZBrush
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
MadSquirrel
portfolio
Ahmad Yosry
private, EG

Zbrush help request: Can't edit model/tool WITH edit mode on. (sorta solved)

I'm still getting used to the controls, so I'm guessing my fingers spazzed out for a second and hit something I didn't mean to. The model became a brighter color and went out of edit mode. So I cleared the canvas, drew the model/tool again, went into edit mode. But all I can do is rotate. The cursor is constantly on rotate, even with draw/edit on. If I press shift, the circle turns blue but it's still on rotate. If I click on the model, it just rotates through.

Any idea as to what this is or how I can fix it? I've cleared the canvas and restarted zbrush multiple times to no avail. Thanks in advance.

PS: I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to google and solve this, but all I found was 'enable edit mode 2.5D hurhur'.

EDIT: After trying many things, I finally solved the issue but I still don't know what happened or what caused it, and would still like insight on what it was. But I solved it by exporting the tool as an OBJ, opening it in maya, exporting it again as another obj. Then I opened that second obj in zbrush and I could edit it, but I lost all lower subdivs. As one last try, I then opened the original .zpr file that had the issue, and the issue is now gone. So I'm guessing I either toggled something that I managed to turn off through that whole process, or it was a random bug.

Last edited by MadSquirrel : 02-10-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Solved

Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread