Predator's Net

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Predator's Net

Hello my friends!

Question about creating Predator. I not deep into ZBrush yet and I haven't figured out a way to create the "Net" that's on Predator's skin. Does anyone have any suggestions how this is done? Im using 3D Max and ZBrush.

I was thinking about using a Alpha in ZBrush that's the shape of a net hole. But not sure how I can get ZBrush to paint holes on Geometry so the back is hollow and white keeps Geometry. Is this possible in ZBrush?

Thanks in Advanced! Ive attached a picture to show you what the net looks like:

http://www.predatorstuff.com/images...p_1920x1200.jpg

Old 09 September 2012   #2
You model the body without net, then mask it with an alpha, then inflate and do the difference between the body with the net and the original body (I know it can be done, just don't ask me how ). Then you have to painfully retopologize it (if you care about it), and finally you can either finish sculpting it in ZBrush, or use the net mesh as a base for cloth simulation in your 3D package of choice.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Thanks for the reply guys! After some testing it seems the best results for speed and quality was creating the net in max and placing it in ZBrush. All though my net is geometry, I might try the alpha route if geometry net becomes a skinning issue. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread