Polypaint with UVMaster unwrap produces seams

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Polypaint with UVMaster unwrap produces seams

Ok, first off sorry for spamming forum with questions but this problem I am having now is driving me crazy. ZBrush/UVMaster is supposed to eliminate problems with traditional texturing/unwrapping right? Well I have created this quick crappy model, subdivided it several times to a decent resolution, slapped a quick polypaint on it, created a clone of lowest subdivision, used UVMaster to unwrap the clone, with UV map border of 16 so its not close to edges of texture space, unflattened it and copied coords to my working model. The second I apply the clone's uvcoords to the working model, I get seams in polypaint of working model (highest subdivision). They aren't large or anything but they are still there. Pixels on edges just seem to be off a little bit. Am I doing something wrong? Does it matter if you paste the clones unwrap to lowest or highest subdivision level of the working model? The clone was a copy of the lowest subdivision version of working model.

Here is an example of issue:
http://i.imgur.com/ZHr0Y.jpg

09 September 2012
here is your answer, does it show seams when you press tool >uv map>4096
then
tool>texture map>new from polypaint

Last edited by informerman : 09 September 2012 at 06:11 AM.

09 September 2012
Thanks for the response Informerman. Changing the resolution dimensions of the UV map/texture from polypaint does infact make the seam fainter due to more pixels being used on edges of unwrap however it is still there when you zoom in very close on an object.

I believe it has to do with the unwrapped mesh edge faces being on different angles where as the pixels are on horizontal/vertical orientation. I don't know why I thought organic models could be completely seamless... sure it isn't glaringly obvious unless you are REALLY zoomed in, zoomed out viewing say a human model you don't really notice it at all.

Anyhow here is a picture to better illustrate what I am trying to spit out:
http://i.imgur.com/D5JTI.jpg

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread