Can you rotate alpha in NoiseMaker plugin?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
Can you rotate alpha in NoiseMaker plugin?

Hey guys/gals! I am working on some DCU military pants in Zbrush and I am at the stage where I want to apply fabric pattern to pants.

I am using a tileable alpha I made from a picture of the fabric which I brought into NoiseMaker. For now I am just applying the alpha noise using 3d button (haven't unwrapped properly yet) so UV button is not being used.

Now I can apply the alpha to generate the desired noise level I want however the angle is off slightly. I tried using the angle sliders in order to just turn the pattern by a few degrees however it seems they have no effect on an alpha? They work fine if I use the provided generated procedural patterns however....any ideas?

I should also mention if I use an alpha for the basis for the pattern, I am able to get the pattern orientation I want by clicking ok out of Noise Maker back into the workspace then manually changing the angle of the pants sculpt using transpose rotate (without pattern applied at this point). This is not a very good way to do it I am thinking as the pants do not keep the final position I want for soldier model pose.

It gets even more complicated for doing these pants as each pocket/piece of fabric on the pants will require pattern to have a unique angle and not one pattern applied to the whole thing. I will ofcourse mask off each section of the pants model I want to apply the pattern to but this is gonna really throw the pose off if I do it the way I mentioned in last paragraph...

I should mention I am fairly new to ZBrush so bare with me.

Picture of problem:
http://imgur.com/coTF1

Old 08 August 2012   #2
Originally Posted by WilsonB:
Now I can apply the alpha to generate the desired noise level I want however the angle is off slightly. I tried using the angle sliders in order to just turn the pattern by a few degrees however it seems they have no effect on an alpha? They work fine if I use the provided generated procedural patterns however....any ideas?

http://imgur.com/coTF1

yeah in the image you posted turn ON the NoisePLUG, press ok when you get the popup from the plugin,

the image you posted its off( look on the upper right) then the angle sliders will work,
watch what your doing because it may turn off again if your doing it wrong,
if you want to isolate just that area just mask it and invert it and use the angle sliders

Last edited by informerman : 08 August 2012 at 05:31 AM.

Old 08 August 2012   #3
The thing is, if I turn on NoisePLUG then I am forced to use the generated patterns instead of the Alpha I brought in using the Alpha On/Off button in bottom left of NoiseMaker window. Am I missing something obvious?

Old 08 August 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread