Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
WilsonB
Veteran
portfolio
Ben
Belleville, Canada

Zbrush Mesh Extract

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster with a question. I am extracting mesh to new subtool for clothing creation on some soldiers I am working on. The thing is when I extract my masked area to new subtool, it creates polys on the inside of extraction as well as outside (as it should). Is there any way to prevent ZBrush from creating inside faces on extract? I wouldn't really mind if I was just sculpting but I want to eventually use these models in a PC game... If there are inside polys on all these extracts, that means I'd have to manually delete all inside faces from each subtool before welding them together which is ridiculous. Any ideas anyone? Thanks alot.

Cheers
WilsonB

Old 08-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
WilsonB
Veteran
portfolio
Ben
Belleville, Canada

Well in order to prevent the problem I mentioned in post above I simply duplicated human model I am building clothes for, mask off area of shirt (etc), inflate, then hide unmasked, delhidden. A bit of a work around but it seems to work...

Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
pbrane

portfolio
Parrish Baker
3D Character Modeler
savannah, USA

Look under the Extract Tab (under subtools) and uncheck the "Double" button.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
informerman
Expert

portfolio
EZ-Brush
dallas, USA

watch towards the end of the video http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1086013

Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
bernardoCristovao

portfolio
bernardo cristovao
Character Artist
Freelancer
Lisbon, Portugal

hope it helps

Hey man! I dont know if u still have that problem, i had it few minutes ago, and ive been searching forums, trying to find an answer, but i found nothing lol so, i found a way to do it, not sure if its the best one, but it worked for me, coz im extracting clothes and acessories.
I think that the double extraction happens when you "extract from a extracted object", i noticed that coz, in the first shirt i've extracted it did fine, but ive extracted a jacket from the shirt and it double sided, the same happened with the pants. So, what i did, was, go to "SubTool" - "Slipt", then "Split to Parts", then erase the subtool(s) that you dont desire . It worked for me!

Hope it helps

Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread