|05 May 2012||#1|
Insomnia Land, Greece
Join Date: Apr 2011
Texturing pipeline with Maya?
So I love zBrush. It's most probably the second most used tool for every modeller..?
But I have a problem. Here is an example:
- I model a low-res mesh in maya (some times UV it, other times I use UVMaster later in Zbrush)
- I export it as OBJ and import it in zBrush
- I divide it and sculpt it
- At this point, IF I haven't unfolded the UV's in maya, I use UVmaster here
- I polypaint it and make texture from polypaint
- I clone the texture and save it as png
- I make the normal map in zbrush and save it as png as well
- Now if I switch back to maya and apply the texture and the normal map I created in zbrush but the coord's are all effed up! Why? I did make the coord's earlier ahead, why are they messed up?
As a quick fix I used GoZ but I just don't like the "automation" of it all, I feel as if I'm not in control. Besides, if I apply my premade texture from polypaint, the uv's are messed up once more.
It should work as expected, shouldn't it? Am I doing something wrong?
|05 May 2012||#2|
Deform CG Studio
just one more simple step somewhere in the middle...
Originally Posted by mechanicarts: - I clone the texture and save it as png
Before exporting you should 'flip V' on the texture for use in Maya.
Originally Posted by mechanicarts: - I make the normal map in zbrush and save it as png as well
Here you should check 'flipR' in normal map options.
This is some of the stuff GoZ does automatically, so you never notice..
hope it helps,
>> Deform CG Studio <<
|09 September 2012||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|