What to do after retopology?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2012   #1
What to do after retopology?

I've modeled a character in zbrush from a dynamesh, i've done the whole model with all the details, then i've made a new topology in zbrush, i turned on projection and preview adaptive skin with density on 7, then i clicked make adaptive skin, So far so good, i have a mesh with all my resolutions.

But now i'm stuck in the "preview" mode of the adaptive skin, how can i make my model "normal" still preserving the level of details?
I can't use GoZ while the model is in preview

Old 03 March 2012   #2
when you set the adaptive skin to 7 and press make adaptive skin, you still have to select the new skin mesh under>tools
it will say like skin_blah

when you press make adaptive skin the tools does not switch automatically
you have to go select it

Old 03 March 2012   #3
I've had this same problem...

Then, once I have appended my new mesh in as a subtool.. I don't have the option to project the High detail onto this new mesh.

If I select my high mesh, and import the low mesh. Click yes to transfer the detail. It seems to leave out large sections of the detail.
Is there any way to fix this?

Any tips ? tricks? Does my low mesh have to be quite close to the high mesh to work properly.

Any help would be appreciated, as I've been pulling hair out over this for a couple of days..

Thanks
G

Last edited by Champ-3D : 03 March 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Old 03 March 2012   #4
Originally Posted by Champ-3D: Any tips ? tricks? Does my low mesh have to be quite close to the high mesh to work properly.

Any help would be appreciated, as I've been pulling hair out over this for a couple of days..

Thanks
G

use dynamesh with very low resolution but make sure it resembles your model so not to low then subdivide the dynmesh then clone it and append the low dynamesh to your original
then select your append dynamesh you subdivide then project all
there you will see a DIST option, crank it up high before you project all

Old 03 March 2012   #5
Thanks for the help.....

...sigh.. I was doing something stupid.

*hangs head in shame*

Old 03 March 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread