how to get the detail from high poly to low poly ??

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2012   #1
how to get the detail from high poly to low poly ??

hi im new at using zbrush ,
i made a high poly model with dynamesh in zbrush then retopo+uv unwarp it in other software then send it back to zbrush

my question is how to get the details such as normal map , cavity map and other texture map from high poly to my low poly model in zbrush ??

sorry for my bad english

Old 02 February 2012   #2
If you don't want to sculpt on the model again you can just use xNormal to create the maps. Load in both the highres and the lowres with UVs on it into xNormal and extract the maps.

If you want to sculpt on the model again or want to extract the maps using ZBrush, open the highres model in ZBrush, import the new lowres one, ZBrush will ask you if you want to transfer the details. Click Yes.

Or: load both the highres and the lowres model into ZBrush as separate subtools. Select the lowres subtool, subdivide it to a level that supports the details you want to transfer, then in the SubTool menu click on ProjectAll.

Last edited by ezekiel66 : 02 February 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Old 02 February 2012   #3
when i imported the lowres version of my model which is obj file , zbrush simply just replaced my highres with my lowres one without asking anything about transfer the details

and i also try to load both version in to different subtool and then clicked projectAll but nothing happened

did i do something wrong ??

Old 09 September 2012   #4
check out this tutorial.

http://eat3d.com/free_zbrush_xnormal_pipe

Old 09 September 2012   #5
The Eat3D workflow is pretty outdated and tedious. Since then you exported vertex polypainted model into xNormal now.

Watch this tutorial.

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread