question about zbrush/zbrush core

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

10 October 2017
question about zbrush/zbrush core

I'm learning zbrush in a workshop for my local college and my zbrush trial literally just ran out. I'm thinking of purchasing zbrush core, but I was wondering a few things.

1.what are some of the differences between them?
2.Is there things I need as a beginning modeler in zbrush that zbrush core doesn't have?
3.Are the files transferable between them? As I already have some models I was working on before my trial ended.
4.Is zbrush core something you would recommend for someone learning modeling or should I try and save up for regular zbrush?
5. What programs would you recommend beginning modelers use if they don't have access to zbrush?

If you guys can let me know it would be great! My last class in the workshop is coming up this month so I need this to continue working on my model.

Thank you guys for all the help and God bless! Ya'll are awesome!

10 October 2017
There are a lot of things in ZBrush that are omitted in ZBrush Core. Here is the comparisons page:

http://zbrushcore.com/features

10 October 2017
If you are serious about learning about modeling, I would recommend investing In Zbrush. It is pretty pricey but it is such a core program you will use daily as a modeler. Plus, you get free updates on the software.
You can get Zbrush core if you want to dabble your feet in it but there's a lot of cool features in zbrush that you wont have access to.

10 October 2017
FYI, there will be a 20% off sale on all new licenses of ZBrush & upgrades from Core this weekend Oct. 6 to Oct 9. Sales don't come around too often from Pixologic so this is a good opportunity to buy! I will be!

Listen: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

reply share thread