Corel Painter IX.5 Announced!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by steve_szoczei: The new update for Windows is now available from the Corel Painter site at:
http://www.corel.com/painterix/home/index.html

Fantastic Steve, I checked earlier this morning and it was not up yet. It is now downloading as I type though, hopefully I can test this weekend and get out a few old files I have that used to make IX poof.

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by Taltos: is there any info on this site regarding what has changed from ix.5"a" to ix.5"b"? or what users should do who have already installed the "old" patch ix.5 (like me)....

i didn't find any, but maybe i'm just blind...

I second this question. Also if you've installed the previous 9.5 version, do you have to all the way back to 9.1 to install the new one?

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by Cometsoft: I second this question. Also if you've installed the previous 9.5 version, do you have to all the way back to 9.1 to install the new one?

If you successfully installed the prior Painter IX.5 update there is no need to go back and install this newer update.

Some folks were having issues with the previous patch under some conditions and that is why we had to make some minor modifications to it.

So if you got the first patch, and it worked, you're good to go.

cheers
steve.szoczei@corel.com

03 March 2006
IX.5 is running, no poof yet, but I get an error box that at least lets me have a chance at saving before it exits. I've used it about 10 times now and it errored away every time. Bummer.

I did shift start. And I have found a few brushes that seem stable, but some of my favorite brushes cause errors.

Any tips? A stock 2b pencil kills it every time.

EDIT: I restored default variants (a second time) and seems better now. The 2B pencil works, and even a custom I had saved works now and it would crash on command before this last reset.

Last edited by mdwsr : 03 March 2006 at 02:44 AM.

03 March 2006
Successfully installed here - sort of. Several of my custom brushes aren't available at this moment.

I've done everything according to the book:

Backed up brushes
Installed over 9.1
Reset to the default settings
Copied custom brushes back to their places

Only some of my custom 9.1 brushes don't work, so I guess I'll have to check the settings by hand.

I have yet to test the new neat features!

EDIT:

Oops, my bad. Some of the custom xml files hadn't somehow found their way to the Apllication Data Painter Brushes folder. I've just copied them back and everything works as planned.

Last edited by brabo : 03 March 2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: More info

03 March 2006
I like it !
Corel Painter IX

03 March 2006
Angry

new update its crap like sh**t ..for real corel sucks for nothing

03 March 2006
My saved workspace will not open kinda sucks plus some of my brushes wont work

Harry Houdini

03 March 2006
I'm running on a fairly old system, so it might be anything. But it seems that with the latest driver for my intuos2 painter can't acquire data to control the angle of the palette knife. I'm hoping to try and install my old intuos2 driver and see if that helps, who knows.
Good luck on fixing the bugs out there, otherwise hats off.

edit: solved , using driver 4.72a. works fine now.
modelling practice #1

Last edited by jmBoekestein : 03 March 2006 at 02:46 PM.

03 March 2006
Any documentation on how to use the new features like the Photo Painting tools?

Nevermind...looks like variations of auto-cloning and undo

Last edited by little5points : 03 March 2006 at 08:58 PM.

01 January 2007
Hiya.

Short(ish) Story: Using Painter 4 (yes, *4*) on an ArtZII (6x8 and a 12x12 for 'big' stuff) for the last...uh...since v4 was new. Had been using Win2k...now moved on to a dual Opteron 246 set up with Windows XP Pro 64-bit (still dual-boot to Win2k for somethings). So...need a new tablet. Going to go with an Intuos3. Probably the 9x12. Thinking about upgrading Painter as well (obviously), but I'm *really* trying to pick up software that is optimized for dual-Opterons if I can. Looks like the new "Paint.NET v3" is set up for 64-bit goodness...but I really like Painter.

Primary Use: texture maps for models (high and low poly).
Secondary Use: concept sketches for models, level deisgn, etc.

Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!

Paul L. Ming

01 January 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread