New Patch for Painter 9 out

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
HALLELULEAH!!

Let's see how this works.

Sleep is for the weak.

07 July 2005
Cool, TGA Alpha support at last...

The airbrush certainly seems smoother.

I really wish they would look at the brush size indicator though, maybe find some way of caching it or using a bitmap like Photoshop. Once you get to a certain size it takes ages to refresh the outline.

- Steve

07 July 2005
Did it fix the Poof!? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Probably more stacking on top of the house of cards, but I'm sucker. Hopefully it fixes things more than breaking things further.

07 July 2005
Maybe im the only one who dont really like the update

Sure it makes the brush looks smoother but it makes some brush especially my custom brushes awful

Under the size tab in the brush creator, the edge of the watercolour profile (the ring shaped brush type) becomes somthing like a snowflake something instead of the round ring shape.

I guess im sticking with painter 9

07 July 2005
not bad...

OK... the Airbrush is MUCH better.
Nested Photoshop groups load properly in Painter.

I can't comment much on the "fix" for the various corruption issues this program has until I paint a few pictures.
Fingers crossed...

Sleep is for the weak.

Last edited by theCloudmover : 07 July 2005 at 01:15 PM.

07 July 2005
Seem like the watercolour profile brushes have gone all weird.

This is what i meant

By right it should be a nice round ring but now the update made it look like some weird runic thing

Last edited by delunchen : 07 July 2005 at 03:11 PM.

07 July 2005
I dug out a couple of old files that used to make mine poof immediately, and so far it looks good. I also tried the 16 bit/8 bit instant poofie-poof method and no more poof. I'll dig more but it is at the very least a definate improvement.

Thanks Corel.

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by green_leaf: Seem like the watercolour profile brushes have gone all weird.

By right it should be a nice round ring but now the update made it look like some weird runic thing

Yeah...

I'm noticing that also. The brush previews for some of the watercolor brushes has changed.

It's not affecting the brush properties or my painting at all. So... no biggie.

Sleep is for the weak.

07 July 2005
I bragged too soon. I installed Nagel Series 2 brushes and poof. Now can't get it to run again. Hold shift and start PIX to go to default, right?

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by cloudmover.net: Yeah...

I'm noticing that also. The brush previews for some of the watercolor brushes has changed.

It's not affecting the brush properties or my painting at all. So... no biggie.

unfortunately it does affect the stroke of the brushes rather significantly. For example if you are using the airbrush variants and set the brush profile to the ring shape, is no longer gives the nice smooth stroke with the hard outer edge. Now it just give a rough stroke.

Really hope they fix this soon.

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by green_leaf: unfortunately it does affect the stroke of the brushes rather significantly. For example if you are using the airbrush variants and set the brush profile to the ring shape, is no longer gives the nice smooth stroke with the hard outer edge. Now it just give a rough stroke.

Really hope they fix this soon.

Really?

Lemmee try that out.
You are right but, if I understand the way these variants work there would have to be a difference in the functionality of the brush if you CHANGED the profile, right? That's the whole point of the brush creator and the profiles -- to make new brushes.

The only brushes I have that display this new "runic watercolor profile" icon is in brushes using the "Cover method" with a "Circular Dab type." The new profile icon did nothing to change the functionality of those brushes. Watercolors, chalks, gouache, etc. are the same.

Oh yeah, since this might become important-
Mac OS X 10.2.8
G4 DP 1.25

Sleep is for the weak.

Last edited by theCloudmover : 07 July 2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Tried to replicate the bug.

07 July 2005
Yeah i tried it with that picture that would corrupt dropping the layers and it doesn't have a corruption problem anymore.

07 July 2005
Is the Corel site down, or is it a problem with my browser? I've been trying to get to it all day.

07 July 2005
Introduction

Hi All:

My name is John Derry. As one of Painter's original authors (along with Mark Zimmer and Tom Hedges), I have been involved with Painter since about day one. I've been a longtime lurker in many of the online Painter forums, newsgroups, etc. That's about to change.

I'm happy to report that Corel has engaged me as Painter's Ambassador-at-Large. In this capacity I will be making occasional Painter-related announcements in newsgroups and web forums so users can stay on top of all things Painter. So you can expect to see me hanging around these parts...and don't be shy to drop me a line.

I have been reading the posts here and want to let you know that Corel is listening (heck, they added several of the 9.1 features based on input from this very forum!). In fact, please keep posting anything that seems broken or not working as it should. I will be collecting this data and compiling it for the engineers.

I'm monitoring several forums; I'll try to be visiting here every couple days or so.

Cheers,

John Derry
painter.derry@gmail.com
----------------------------------
http://www.corel.com/painterix/mast...john_derry.html

Read my monthly column in the Corel Painter Canvas Newsletter! To subscribe, visit: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satell...wsletters/Login

Visit my website at http://www.pixlart.com

Thread Closed share thread