44 PhotoShop hidden tricks and shortcut!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2005   #46
Thumbs up

This is my first post...and im glad to say "THANX FOR THE TIPS!"
It did not only pave me a way to easier life but made my keyboard usefull with photoshop!
Il gave this a 10, 10, 10, 10 ,10 (a perfect score of 50)

Old 07 July 2005   #47
Originally Posted by bjorke: Not quite, though I too believed it for a long time. Instead, it actually seems to resize the current brush from the current "master" pattern, rather than moving up and down the brush palette. Try it with a custom brush, rather than a circular splat -- it will be very clear what happens.

Scrolling up or down through your brush pallet used to happen with command + [ ] until the new brush engine came on the scene in PS7.

Old 07 July 2005   #48
Originally Posted by bjorke: Not quite, though I too believed it for a long time. Instead, it actually seems to resize the current brush from the current "master" pattern, rather than moving up and down the brush palette. Try it with a custom brush, rather than a circular splat -- it will be very clear what happens.

this is true for photoshop 4. using "[ " " ] " did allow you to scroll thru the brush list.
they changed this in the latter versions.

Old 07 July 2005   #49
Great .. advice
Thank you man ..

Old 07 July 2005   #50
AND....try the shortcut keys below, it also works out ...just some of them cannot ..and some make the same effect...[window]

A, B, C,..... to Z
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+C,..... to Ctrl+Z
Ctrl+Alt+A, Ctrl+Alt+B, Ctrl+Alt+C, ...to Ctrl+Alt+Z
Ctrl+Shift+A, Ctrl+Shift+B, Ctrl+Shift+C, ... to Ctrl+Shift+Z
Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C, ...to Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Z
Alt+A, Alt+B, Alt+C, ...to Alt+Z
Shift+A, Shift+B, Shift+C, ... to Shift+Z

i cant remember all...u just try it. And u can use "Actions" for record what u did and set the key u want [F1-F12] ....i always tell people what i remember only ...and tell them to find out others by themselves..coz its so lots.

THIS IS USEFUL THREAD...I'M GONNA GIVE UP PEOPLE THIS LINK...THANKS!!!

Last edited by rosasylum : 07 July 2005 at 10:56 AM.

Old 07 July 2005   #51
If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to scroll through the brush list (rather than resizing) in the newer versions of Photoshop using the , (comma) and . (dot) keys... (or the < and > keys for easier reference).

Old 07 July 2005   #52
very helpfull stuff
thanx

Old 07 July 2005   #53
I made these minimal modifications that I find very useful:
Assigned ctrl+z to step backwards in the history palette.I find undo a silly option having this one available!PLUS,u won't b needin the history pallette that much,anymore,so it's a pallette less to bulk up your workspace.
Assigned F3 for print size(view>print size).Helps me keep notion of how much detail I should put,or not,when coloring a comic page.All that zooming in n out can make u overdetail a page without any worthy outcome,if not a bad one(specially concerning deadlines).

Last edited by BruceAzevedo : 07 July 2005 at 02:25 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #54
Just a small advice.B4 creating a new shotcut key,check the options given by the right button.After all,it's a lot more simple clicking a moving the cursor a little up or down than try to remember all these crazy combos n having your fingers do funky gymnastics.

Old 07 July 2005   #55
Man you guys rock, this is some solid and very valuable tricks.

Cheers to all

Old 07 July 2005   #56
ok...here is somehting that has been bugging me until i understood it today...

Everyone knows the number keys change the opacity of your brush...and that shift+## key will change the flow of your brush.

Well, for whatever reason...and i finally found out why....if you have the AIRBRUSH toggled ON...these hotkeys are reversed....and now the ## keys change flow and shift+## will change opacity...

in the beginning of this thread it showed that you can change the blend mode of brushes/layers....it was not listed that you need to hold shift+alt and in combo with the hotkey

now is there a hotkey for changing tool presets, similar to the , and . for brush tip?

Old 07 July 2005   #57
Does anyone know if there's a hotkey to cycle back and forth through the list of tool presets (not brush list)? I didn't find any mention of it anywhere.

Old 07 July 2005   #58
LoTeK I dont know of such a thing.

Anyway thanks for the tips I knew most of em though

Old 07 July 2005   #59
Question Selecting Multiple Layers to place into a set (folder)?

Asked a couple of PS pros that I know (or are at least better at PS then I am currently), is there a way to select multiple layers versus selecting one at a time to put into a set (or folder)? Just curious... as it sounded like I should have made the set first before creating multiple layers.

Thx. XenaTrek.

Old 07 July 2005   #60
Quote: Asked a couple of PS pros that I know (or are at least better at PS then I am currently), is there a way to select multiple layers versus selecting one at a time to put into a set (or folder)? Just curious... as it sounded like I should have made the set first before creating multiple layers.

New in CS2:

select a layer,
Shift select more layers (not link, you can select muliple layers at once in CS2)
Ctrl G

reply share thread