What do you call these vectors(?)?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  07 July 2014
Question What do you call these vectors(?)?

Hello! Wasn't sure if I should ask this under gen discussion of here...

Here are a few examples before I start so you can better understand what exactly I'm asking

See the little graphics/vectors/interface pieces (usually in white)?
I'm trying to learn more about these kind of vector graphics. In some cases it's just brush work. I've seen a few tech brush sets, some of them even complete interfaces.
What I'm trying to learn is how to create stuff like this myself.
So what do you call them and how do people usually come up with this stuff?

  07 July 2014
Photoshop shapes. They are vector outlines/objects and act a lot like vector objects in Illustrator with a few differences.

You can use them to mask out portions of an image. You can use them as elements in a design and apply layer styles to them.

The important thing to remember is that they are vector and you can make them as large or as small as you want to without losing resolution but the content is rasterized (unless it's just a fill layer).

I use them quite a bit in design when creating things for print or the web. Look up "Photoshop Shape" or "Photoshop Vector Shapes" when searching for them on the internet or when you want tutorials.
I push pixels!
reply share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.