44 PhotoShop hidden tricks and shortcut!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2007
Smile herez is mine with blend mode - difference

sorry if i am repeating that
----------------------------

on a white background canvas

draw with brush - white colour and difference blend mode selected

then on the screen you will find white colour instead of black because of difference blend mode

now you can again paint with white colour selected or any other colour

have fun with photoshop

12 December 2007
Thumbs up

Great thread, thanks to all the kind people who have shared their knowledge.

Cheers !

02 February 2008
Sorry if it was already mentioned bit this one is really good - it adds functionality rather than just doing something quicker.

with Levels (ctrl l), press alt as you adjust white and black points. It will give you a new display mode of your image showing clipping and has colour feedback to show what channels remain unclipped. If you know your primary and secondary color theory you will see what I mean.

My 2c

www.revilo3d.com

03 March 2008
thanks

It's a very usefull tips =D

05 May 2008
Can't get enough keyboard shortcuts! Just need to remember them now...

05 May 2008
Thumbs up Mad, Time to make a full list / document x)

Just joined CGsociety already i've found heaps of info, i'ma go through all these shortcuts and make one big word doc out of it and post it on my wall lol

07 July 2008
Cool Transforming and Copying at The Same time

Generally when you apply transformation to an object you apply the transformation to the object itself. A cool tip if you want apply transformation on a duplicate of you object is Command-Option-T (PC: Control-Alt-T, then use transform like you usually would. Notice that the original object remains untoched and a copy is transformed instead!

Hope you guys liked!

07 July 2008
Typographically Incorect Spaces

If you are trying to set the type to set type that looks typographically correct in Photoshop there is an old trick you will have to break; putting two spaces at the end of every sentence. To fix this problem follow these steps:

- Go under the Edit menu and choose Find and Replace Text.

- In the Find field press spacebar twice, then in Change To, press the space bar just once.

- - Click Change All, and every time that Photoshop finds two spaces at the end of the sentence, it will replace it with just one, making you typographically correct.

10 October 2008
Originally Posted by scharan: If you are trying to set the type to set type that looks typographically correct in Photoshop there is an old trick you will have to break; putting two spaces at the end of every sentence. To fix this problem follow these steps:

- Go under the Edit menu and choose Find and Replace Text.

- In the Find field press spacebar twice, then in Change To, press the space bar just once.

- - Click Change All, and every time that Photoshop finds two spaces at the end of the sentence, it will replace it with just one, making you typographically correct.

!

01 January 2009
I think that tips like number 1 should also include how to undo that action, otherwise someone like me might have to spend hours trying to get back to normal.

Otherwise an interesting list, which I will now study more closely.

Measure your mind's height by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (From Paracelsus)

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by mazm: Did anyone see this pic before in PS.
to see it press Ctrl + Alt and from Help menu choose About Photoshop.

i'm waiting for anything new from our members

I didn't get a monkey, I got this:-

By the way I suppose everybody already knows that if you have the move tool selected clicking on the left, right, up and down arrows will move that layer one pixel in the arrow's direction?

01 January 2009
Sorry duplicate post, & can't find the "delete my post" button

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by ftaswin:
- Create a new file, 500x500 px, create a new layer, get a standard brush and paint a dot on the top center of your image (like the number 12 position on a clock). press ctrl+alt+T, it will duplicate your original layer and free transform the new one, move the pivot point (the circle with little dot in it found when you are free transforming something) to the center of your image, rotate your image 30 degrees to the right and hit OK to confirm the transform

now.........

be exicted..........

Hit Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T 10 times and see what happen!! I have just found it last week. I used to think this can only be done in illustrator.

I hope that helps...............

Er.... what's supposed to happen?

I diligently created a 500x500 new image - faithfully painted my dot at 12 o'clock, managed the transform somehow - took ages to findout where the degrees were so I could get exactly 30 degrees, expectantly did the "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T 10 times" bit, and peered intensely at my Photoshop screen.... but nothing happened, nothing I could see anyway.

Is there a step missing?

05 May 2009
Photoshop Brush Palette Lock Attribute Function

Photoshop Brush Palette Lock Attribute Function

05 May 2009
Nice one!!! For the longest time i've always been annoyed at losing my brush setup between brushes! Thanks!

www.revilo3d.com

reply share thread