FREE VIDEO HOSTING SOLUTIONS: Post the Names and Links

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2008   #16
Divx's Stage6.com is surprisingly fast depending on connection and has the best quality for any streaming video service I've seen.

PROS:
High Quality
Frequently fast Streams
Embeddable video player
Already Huge selection of videos and user
Full screen capable
ability to download original file
CONS:
Requires install of the web player
Still in development
Some issues with getting videos to upload properly

Stage6.com requires an avi/divx/xvid video at any resolution, length, size. (frequently used for uploading full length movies). However the service still feels under development, and does require a Divx web plug in, which is worth the minute install. A recent issue is its processing time.

Each upload goes through 3 stages.
  1. upload (can be fast),
  2. processing (this is where it can hang for several hours or days! sometimes fixed by deleting it and trying again. this has recently become a wide spread issue)
  3. publishing (naming, tagging, and making your video public)
I love stage6 for its quality and nice streaming quality. this is proof that you don't need low quality to stream video.

I use to use Ourmedia, but after frequent upload issues and slow download times I stopped...

I am Excited for their new service. Bid4Vid.com which isn't live yet but sounds extremely promising.

Old 05 May 2008   #17
www.filefront.com

It has a video streaming ability but it is more of a file hosting site. Still it is very good site for hosting animations imo.

PRO
  • 100% Free
  • unlimited amount of files per account
  • 1gig per file as max
  • no registration required to download
  • no download ques
  • Free Blog
  • Free RSS feed of your uploads
CON
  • All files posted are instantly public, no private folders
  • Hot links are allowed but not directly to the download link. Users will see at least 1 page from filefront.
  • All uploaded content must be your and yours alone. You need to have made the original content. (this isn't really a con)
  • you need a valid email addy to post
  • every 6 months or so you will be emailed ands asked to click a single lnk to keep your file active or it will be removed.
This service allows you to host downloadable animations of any rez, and size, any length. By using winrar or some such archive to split your files into 1gig chunks you could conceivably store a movie length 1080p resultion movie of your own creation.

Last edited by anewhobby : 05 May 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Old 06 June 2008   #18
Surprised that it isn't allready on here:

http://www.vimeo.com
Good quality.
Upload limit of 500MB per week.
HD support (1280x720) and provides the means to download the video (not sure if it is the original or the converted)

You need to sign up to get an account but that is a matter of minutes.

Old 12 December 2010   #19
Originally Posted by confidant: www.mediafire.com

- Unlimited File Size
- Fullspeed

Yes I agree mediafire is the way to go no account needed and it keeps your files you uploaded whether you have an account or not.

Old 11 November 2012   #20
For FX Wars 7Towers guys!

If You have few Gigabytes of video 8k 50fps etc... and You are surelly limited with youtube or any other online solution I can give You some space on my ftp via http. more info on priv!

reply share thread