Purge: Red Hand, Marcin Jakubowski (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2011
WAWAWA!! Superb!

01 January 2011
strong work!
congratulations....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

01 January 2011
wow!!! Amazing!!!

01 January 2011
Very impressive. As said before, the sense of scale is pretty well rendered... but I wish there was a story behind it !

01 January 2011
This and Nightmare engine are two of the most impressive sci-fi images i have ever seen...

01 January 2011
Fantastic...Lovely, Lovely, Lovely. I bow down to you sir.

01 January 2011
Just unbelievable! Aaaaawwwwesome picture. Totally out of this world!

Marco

01 January 2011
Congratz ! Impressive piece

01 January 2011
Outstanding

You picture is outstanding. I love the vertigo the scale gives me, it's really great. One little critic though, I didn't like (it's my personal opinion) the leg of the Red Hand that's in the center of the picture not because there's something wrong with it but because of the way it sinks into the earth (or clouds) I think there should have been more drama put into it like clouds revolving around it or the earth cracking beneath it not just one flat edge where the leg ends and where the clouds begin. It's just my opinion. The picture's great.

01 January 2011
this is Epic, deserves a choice award!!!

01 January 2011
This puts Galactus to shame, ace!

01 January 2011
Well the image is great, visually, but am I the only one who thinks the idea/science behind this is ludicrous? I hate those movies (like Armageddon) where they completely ignore the laws of nature, and the machine portrayed here is clearly an impossible concept. But again, it's a very nice image.

01 January 2011
Originally Posted by Neuro69: Well the image is great, visually, but am I the only one who thinks the idea/science behind this is ludicrous? I hate those movies (like Armageddon) where they completely ignore the laws of nature, and the machine portrayed here is clearly an impossible concept. But again, it's a very nice image.

I don't think we are much aware of all the laws of nature or what is possible within those laws.
Sure there isn't any material we know of that could provide the tensile strength to support such mega structure. Not to mention an energy source. Giant fission or Antimatter reactor? Who knows? But if you think about it, technology follows not too far behind science fiction. So anything could be possible in the future. Meanwhile, visions of the future like that, are important to drive technology forward. Of course I don't mean it in ways of making planet annihilators like that (hopefully not!), but you get my point.

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

01 January 2011
Smile It's Cool

Originally Posted by Dennik: I don't think we are much aware of all the laws of nature or what is possible within those laws.
Sure there isn't any material we know of that could provide the tensile strength to support such mega structure. Not to mention an energy source. Giant fission or Antimatter reactor? Who knows? But if you think about it, technology follows not too far behind science fiction. So anything could be possible in the future. Meanwhile, visions of the future like that, are important to drive technology forward. Of course I don't mean it in ways of making planet annihilators like that (hopefully not!), but you get my point.

I agree with you Dennik and to be honest, who cares if according to science it's not correct. The image is SIMPLY COOL. Remember gang... artistic freedom?? :-)
As for cracks and moving clouds under the forward most 'foot', perhaps this was intentional as to not draw away from the action going on under the Robot?? Perhaps has to do with 'visual perspective'??
As Leigh pointed out, amazing image!!

01 January 2011
Thumbs up

Awesome picture . Great work - love the concept, scale and colors.

Those aliens really do mean business....

+ Facebook Page
+

Thread Closed share thread