Go Away Clown, Jason Seiler (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2010
Great work! love ti!

Great work! love ti!

12 December 2010
Thank you all so much, I'm honored to have gotten a CG Choice Award for this one . . . thank you!

12 December 2010
Amazingly good.
Render Farm
Support@ResPower.com

01 January 2011
Thumbs up

Congratulations on front page. Johnny Depp's expression makes me smile. Here are my constructive crits:

The lighting doesn't really match across the different elements. And because the lighting and rendering quality doesn't match between the pieces, the final product has the feel of warped photos and paint-overs stuck together without much cohesion. There is little lighting or shadow interaction between the clown and Johnny Depp and several painted elements stick out to me against the photographic texture of others. In fact, with the exception of Depp's face and arm, the lighting comes across as kinda flat. Some more dramatic lighting would probably help.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by SebastianPatric : 01 January 2011 at 06:53 AM.

01 January 2011
Smile Wow!

Very Nice, it made me laugh! You can really tell it's him.

CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot | My YouTube

01 January 2011
Thumbs up

This is really nice piece! ....there are some "but"

I absolutely agree with Sebastian Patrics critique..the rendering level of different elements doesnt match for ie Johnnys face is rendered hyper real (hairdo, skin) but the clown not - you definetely have fantastic skills its more aesthetical thing. Also the lighting is not consistent and its obvious different parts of the image doesnt fit.

I really admire your skills and works and this is just my 2 cents...take it easy pls, you do a great job!

L.

01 January 2011
Wow, the expression in his eyes is INCREDIBLE. Well achieved sir.

01 January 2011
good work, need to work on cohesion of elements and lighting, painting seems to have multiple layers from different mediums and if it wasnt intended, it needs to be worked upon in future stuff.

given that its gonna be a 4x4 print,what you delivered is more than enough.the displayed emotion by depp made me chuckle.

01 January 2011
Nice skin there but the only point would be tat there should be shadow casted on Depp's clothes n the chair from the clown's left hand. Now it looks odd cause the hand and Depp look like seperate object in the scene =\

Other than that, great work mate

01 January 2011
Originally Posted by SebastianPatric: Congratulations on front page. Johnny Depp's expression makes me smile. Here are my constructive crits:

The lighting doesn't really match across the different elements. And because the lighting and rendering quality doesn't match between the pieces, the final product has the feel of warped photos and paint-overs stuck together without much cohesion. There is little lighting or shadow interaction between the clown and Johnny Depp and several painted elements stick out to me against the photographic texture of others. In fact, with the exception of Depp's face and arm, the lighting comes across as kinda flat. Some more dramatic lighting would probably help.

Keep up the good work!

Exactly my thoughts. When I first looked at the picture it seemes like a quick collage of different cut-out photographs with some artistic elements. This might be a unusual question but what parts of this picture are actually photographs, which are photographically textured and which are painted?

01 January 2011
This is awesome ))

01 January 2011
Originally Posted by ManDay: Exactly my thoughts. When I first looked at the picture it seemes like a quick collage of different cut-out photographs with some artistic elements. This might be a unusual question but what parts of this picture are actually photographs, which are photographically textured and which are painted?

There are no photographic elements, it is all drawn and painted. I did the best I could for the time I had, and I enjoyed working on it. The image at the start of this post is actually a work in progress image. I accidentally posted the wrong image . . . I've shared this on this post already, but just in case you haven't seen it, this is what the final image looks like. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VFdUDzTje...egone_FINAL.jpg

Last edited by Jason-Seiler : 01 January 2011 at 02:46 AM.

Thread Closed share thread