Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Vatican Cloister, Donglu Yu (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2010   #46
ОOh that's simply cool and amazing! strokes are impressing!

Old 12 December 2010   #47
Amazing work for amazing game!

Old 12 December 2010   #48
Great work! Thanks for sharing!

Old 12 December 2010   #49
Thumbs up

Your colors and strokes speak for the image! A skill I adore and wish to learn for long.. I love the game series and these are stunning!

Old 12 December 2010   #50
Great images man. Did you get those impressionist strokes out of artrage or photoshop?

Old 12 December 2010   #51
Insanely bad ass! very inspirational!

Old 12 December 2010   #52
Remko, Djampa, javiermolina, nettonik, Manzi, DoubleSz, EldarZakirov, Anorexxx, Mikecal, spkr9, juanmigueltomala, ROBOTTANK, thanks all for dropping by and all the kind words. Really glad to hear that you guys like the game.

About the brush strokes, the final result is a mixture of customized brushes in Photoshop and retouches in Artrage, also the final sharpen effect in Photoshop really enhanced that traditional brush/palette knife impression on the image.

Old 12 December 2010   #53
Terrific images, love the mood you've created in them!

Excellent work!

Sean

Old 12 December 2010   #54
Really beautiful, I recently got the game and I have to say it is my favorite of the series.. great work everyone involved

Old 12 December 2010   #55
Great work, really nicely lit.

Old 12 December 2010   #56
nice job i like your use of colors and blends

Old 01 January 2011   #57
donglu We are proud of you

Old 01 January 2011   #58
I really love the colour palette and the gentle lighting you used, was that your personal choice or art directed?. Quite unusual, in a positive way Lovely candle lights, floor reflections and misty feeling to the whole image. Only small critique would be: adding bit more detail to the far background could even give more depth I think - like more brighter tones on the lower sky or some additional hi-lights on the trees suggesting leaves in direct light. Well done overall thou! I'm also big fan of the game and of Ubisoft. Seeing pictures like that and their products in general makes people want to join that, without a doubt, cool team.

Old 01 January 2011   #59
Some absolutely spectacular work on display here: enough to get me to log back into CGSociety since being absent for 2 years!

Having recently completed AC: Brotherhood, seeing this development work really puts the game environments into a different light: it's great to see how the various environments started off life, compared to their in-game counterparts.

I'm almost saddened to see that the painted style of this work didn't make it into the final game (of course I do understand the implications of such a task!).

p.s. those reflections rock my socks off.

Old 01 January 2011   #60
Great stuff.
Congs.

Thread Closed share thread