Stronghold, Dmitry Dubinsky (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
Stronghold, Dmitry Dubinsky (2D)

Title: Stronghold
Name: Dmitry Dubinsky
Software: Photoshop

That is the first stronghold on unsubdued planet. Something like 'first step of colonization'. Firstly i planed that art as a matte, but as a result only rock remained as a photo

07 July 2010
Thumbs up

Reminds me of Delicate Arch in Utah. You've cut it in half! Love the color, the angle, and most of all the sky. I'm a sucker for great clouds. Good luck here!

07 July 2010
Very nice concept i like the composition!

my works:
-Crossing lights-
-the hunter-
-Going home-
-undeground station-

"Yes maybe I am just a kalipp..."

07 July 2010
Fantastic work! I love the style and composition, the lighting and color are really beautiful

07 July 2010
Great stuff! I just love the sci-fi feel to it

07 July 2010
Thumbs up

Nice image, looks like old school matte painting like it

07 July 2010

wow
it's a very distinct hyperfuture concept!
the hightech building is really fantastic
ahh... and the sky also... very inspiring!

congrats Dmitry!

07 July 2010
I love the retro feeling you managed to capture here - the colour palette and design really harkens to a classic era of science fiction artwork that I have always really enjoyed. I do think you could have incorporated the rock photo a little more into the image, as there is a noticeable contrast between your own painting and the photo (the black details, in particular, should have been removed or recoloured), but despite this, I think the image still works quite nicely. I really love your use of the pale pinks and purples in the sky, set against the stronger tones of the foreground. Your design reminds me a little of some of the stuff in the last Star Trek film, which had great art direction, so that's a good thing.

A bit more work would have improved this, and perhaps you may still decide to work on the rock a little more, but I like your piece anyway simply because of the classic retro feel. I can totally imagine this as a cover to a 1950's sci fi epic that no-one has ever heard of.

07 July 2010
Wonderful work! I really enjoy the mood and environment. Can I get this as a print for my wall?

3D Models
@ Turbosquid

my Scripts

07 July 2010
Very cool. I dig the colours. Reminds me a little of cloud city with the rounded forms.

07 July 2010
Talking

Gosh that is beautiful, the subtle shift in tones in the sky is just gorgeous, awesome fluffy clouds. Well done!!

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

07 July 2010
Epic sky and composition, only the rock seems a bit out of scale, it might need smaller details to appear bigger next to the building.
Great work!

07 July 2010
Great atmosphere, literally and figuratively Love the clouds. The one thing that bothers me is the photo look of the rock of this great painted background. But this is just me. Wonderful work !

07 July 2010
brilliant piece of work. fine mood.
congrats....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

07 July 2010
Thanx for comments, especially to Leigh for the developed criticism. I agree that i should to repaint rock, it's really too contrasts with foreground. What about clouds - i inspired by some sky art, on which i come across while searched for cloud references. And it was like a challenge for me.
Generally it's very unexpected to get an award here. Thanks everybody again)

Thread Closed share thread