Snow, concept art., David Smit (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2010   #16
This caught my eye the other day when you submitted it to the gallery, but I've been so busy that I forgot to come back to it. As others have said, you have a really strong composition in this image, I really love your use of perspective, and the striking use of colour against the monotonous snowy backdrop. I love artwork like this, which is visually simple yet evocative.

Lovely work, plugged.

Old 07 July 2010   #17
The idea and composition is awsome... very great

Old 07 July 2010   #18
An inspirational and painterly piece, very nice!!

So relieved you're not claiming you did it in your lunchbreak! (yes, I'm jealous of speedpainters ).

Old 07 July 2010   #19
Whao *Rubs mornings sand out his eyes*
Thanks a lot guys! I'm a bit overwhelmed by the awesome response.

Leigh: Thank you so much for putting on top. It sort of feels like I unlocked an achievement (ooohhh thats nerdy)
SciFibrow: Thanks! hahaha, no I'm not a very great speedpainter. But don't be too jealous about speedpainters. In my opinion it's not about making as much of the same stuff as possible, but the opposite: making a few things that are refeshing and thought through.
ZuluSplitter: Thanks man!
Chupacabra: Merci monsieur!
abynum: Yeah I definately don't want to swap places with her! haha
Jadedarts: Thanks!
Nekranea: I'm glad you like it!
Irawan: Thanks a lot!
Felideus: Thank you!
FlorentMasurel: we feel it? whoah a mutiple personality giving compliments from all? Thanks a lot you all!
bobtronic: Thank you Matthias!
KaiS: Thanks a lot man! I'm very pleased this many people seem to enjoy it!
SpaceSoldier: Thanks man!
DOGJAUSREILY: Thank you! I can remember that the perspective was quite a challenge when I made it.
jingjingye: Thanks a lot!!

Old 07 July 2010   #20
hey David,

love it, awesome work!

Old 07 July 2010   #21
Originally Posted by DavidSmit: Leigh: Thank you so much for putting on top. It sort of feels like I unlocked an achievement (ooohhh thats nerdy)

Haha we should make an icon for that, with that satisfying sound that you always get when you unlock one! Oh how I love that sound.

Old 07 July 2010   #22
Ziet er strak uit ouwe
Looks good

-Felix

Old 07 July 2010   #23
That is AMAZING. I think i'd almost sell my soul to be able to paint like this !
I really feel it !

Old 07 July 2010   #24
Superb! Looks something out of Uncharted 2!

U dont have to put much in a piece yet this one is full of story and really intriguing.

Old 07 July 2010   #25
Congrat for the award brother!! You deserve it Cheers

Old 07 July 2010   #26
Thumbs up Great

Very dramatic!

Wonderful piece.

Old 07 July 2010   #27
That is a really beautiful concept. You made it look easy. Congrats!

Old 07 July 2010   #28
Excellent piece! Love the perspective and atmosphere you set.

Funny story: I was complaining to my project manager the other day that the average level of digital art in the Netherlands is a tad low when compared to neighboring countries. To show there are some real gems out here she showed me a piece of your work that was featured in control magazine! I'm glad she did and thnx man for helping me get some faith back !
My blog

Old 07 July 2010   #29
Great image, David! I hope W! someday makes a game about a venture into the mist, but for now we will have to do with tons of pictures of people above the mist.

Originally Posted by RicoD: Excellent piece! Love the perspective and atmosphere you set.

Funny story: I was complaining to my project manager the other day that the average level of digital art in the Netherlands is a tad low when compared to neighboring countries. To show there are some real gems out here she showed me a piece of your work that was featured in control magazine! I'm glad she did and thnx man for helping me get some faith back !
I don't know about the average level, but if you look at the top, at the concept art that was made for Mistbound at W!, for Killzone at Guerrilla and for all kinds of stuff at Karakter: there is definitely some incredibly high quality stuff in the Netherlands!

Old 07 July 2010   #30
Great work! Love the composition and facial expression!

Thread Closed share thread