|06 June 2010||#21|
Join Date: Oct 2003
If this is a collage then maybe I'm being over critical...
But the image has 3 focal points that do not mix to me.
1) The large waves in the background
2) The naval battle
3) A row boat with two somewhat relaxed looking people.
I like your art work, but the composition and action do not fit well.
Can you really have a sea battle in a massive storm, and can you row a boat in a massive storm without being tied down? And wouldn't the woman be stricken with fear, and holding on for dear life?
These are just questions... A friendly critique, I'm not trying to be an ass, better to ask about percieved flaws then to ignore them.
IMC 2010 student
|06 June 2010||#24|
Oban, United Kingdom
Join Date: Jun 2010
This is really a splendid piece of work Tomasz. Are you familiar with the work of Geoff Hunt?
The only crits I have is:
1. As previously mentioned in this thread, the lady looks like she's enjoying a lovely Sunday afternoon on a calm lake.
2. The gentleman rowing the boat is facing the wrong way (must be a landlubber?). Very hard to row a boat facing forward especially in such seas.
3. The jolly boat doesn't look quite symmetrical. Very difficult to steer an asymmetrical boat
The warships and sea are very well done though!
|06 June 2010||#25|
...with an art hobbie
Thats a really nice painting!
The woman seems really out of place though. She seems way to calm considering she might be thrown overboard by the next big wave! hehe
|06 June 2010||#29|
captain cool guy
Join Date: Dec 2004
impressive!!! I am wondering did you use any type of photo reference, or is this all right out of your head??? either way it is phenomenal.. love when people do water right...
|Thread Closed share thread|