Battlefield, Dragos Jieanu (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2010
Wow, I didn't expect a plug. When I said I wanted to throw it away I wasn't kidding
@Leigh, I think I'm not even close to a McQuarrie-esque look, that's a great compliment, thank you. The overall image is indeed a bit too saturated blue. I've changed the colors many times in the process and finally gave up...it makes it a bit confusing, I know. Thanks again for the plug and critique.
@Zeoyn, thanks man, I like big scenarios.
@pokoy, getting that old sci-fi look was my intention, I even kept the background spaceships designs close to the old star-wars concepts.
@AdrianLazar, It wasn't made for motion but it can be animated it as long as I'll find some good footage or some nicely rendered explosions.
@kunalsahare, hehe thanks man
@thyn, not too much work on the background though, Canon made things easier for me
@Manuel, nice to see you again mate thanks for dropping by.

06 June 2010
the space ship at the center has cool design
I wonder which types of missile have white smoke and which have black smoke
Voted!

Last edited by PhuongDPh : 06 June 2010 at 03:27 PM.

06 June 2010
Some nice depth, and sense of drama to this scene. Very nice!

06 June 2010
Thumbs up

Very cool and beautifully done. My only thing to mention is the top left (our left) smoke trail is a little hard on the contour (but nice coloring), and the color scheme kind of blends the space vechicle into the background and such, taking away from some of it's depth perception.

I must mention that I love this space fighter here. It has a really great design, well rendered, and I love the shine, shape, and contours of it. It's a great focal point (and even a great angle). The space city/station is really good and has this reflection look to it (like only half of it's there and the bottom part is like a reflection in still water). It's a really cool effect.

Your trails of smoke in general are really well done and rendered. The atmosphere is well captured, the composition was nicely thought out, and you did a great job capturing that sense of action in this scene. Keep it up. Great job. I really love it.

06 June 2010
This is really great!

In my opinion this could easily be a 'hommage piece' to Ryan Church. It reminds me that I wanted to work on my own portfolio... inspiring work that is

06 June 2010
That's one amazing piece of work!
I like how there's so much going on in the work and the design of the ships is great imo as well.

If that's a piece you wanted to throw out, I'd like to see a piece of work you don't throw away! lol

06 June 2010
That is incredible!

06 June 2010
Thumbs up

GJ dude,wohoo:P i know u struggled with this 1 hehe

keep it up

06 June 2010
Man this exploding ship. I keep watching it. You made a awesome feeling of epicnesch (is that a word?) with this peace of art. Beautifull !

06 June 2010
Amazing work. I really like combination of blue and white colors.

06 June 2010
I can tell you put a lot of love into the central vehicle there, well done! While the background designs are a lot simpler, the total composition with explosions etc feels epic and starwars-esque.

If this was a still from a new show, I'd look forward to checking it out.

06 June 2010
Thumbs up So Cool it is...

So Cool it is...

Michael

06 June 2010
breath taking!it's amazing work!! well dong!!

Thread Closed share thread