Under My Skin, Michael Oswald (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2010   #46
Great work! Very beautiful. And model is pretty good.

But there are some little things, that come forward, than looking longer, and in this type of realism they look not so well.
First, fold on her left hand, between first two fingers. I think, on photo it was, because of man's finger on it.
And second thing is her neck. The fold is a little darker than need, and light is a little not in place. I feel like her neck is broken... Sorry.

That is only my opinion, maybe I am wrong I can't draw this kind of images, so, please, don't take it hard.

Old 04 April 2010   #47
Thumbs up

i like this!

Old 04 April 2010   #48
That's just pure awesome! Very realistic look.

Old 04 April 2010   #49
I like it.

Old 04 April 2010   #50
wow, i cant even put into words

Old 04 April 2010   #51
The color is wonderful .
good job
fighting !!

Old 04 April 2010   #52
Thumbs up

It's very beautiful!

Old 04 April 2010   #53
Nice concept. Good modeling for sure.

It seems you may have lost track of the man's thumb, however, on the woman's mid-section. The hand on her right thigh is amazing though, giving us the full effect of actually rising from beneath her skin.

Old 04 April 2010   #54
Thumbs up Awsome color palette

Beautiful work, I love the color palette, the pose and facial expression are very nice too!

Old 04 April 2010   #55
Wow
Amazing work, well done !

Old 04 April 2010   #56
wonderful work!!

Old 04 April 2010   #57
Awesome.

I really like how it gets lost in the background near the bottom; it's like a taunt to anyone who may want to say it's just a photo manipulation or something. But even then the brush strokes are quite nice.

Also, regarding the similarity to Vallejo's Hands, I like the pose your work shows in contrast to his piece. Similar for sure, but there's just more sensuality to your piece, in my opinion. And a little more creepiness, too.

Last edited by The Gunslinger : 04 April 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Old 04 April 2010   #58
This is cool! The groping embraced hands from an unseen person is something associated with horror but the was you have incorporated here is very pleasant indeed! Nice concept and good combination of photograpy and digital painting

Old 04 April 2010   #59
this is very beautiful !!!

Old 05 May 2010   #60
Very nice handling of the light on the skin surface,,,and mastery in anatomical rendering. You have successfully conveyed her beautiy, congrats. I feel though, there is something awkard in the neck area. ..just in the way the structure of the throat is so emphasized.,, I had a look at the reference jpeg and see that you were faithful to your reference image....
In my opinion though, with the sternocleidomastoid muscle and the structure of the throat so pronounced this detracts from the overall beauty. Perhaps some softening of the shapes might help.

Thread Closed share thread