Becky IFX, Warren Louw (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2009
really nice! Love her face!

Congrats with the cover!

10 October 2009
It really is a beautiful illustration. But to spoil it the camera seems like it is at a slightly skewed angle to the hand holding it. Its picky but that's why we're here, right. Love it otherwise.

10 October 2009
Thumbs up

nice like all time.

10 October 2009
Nice work...I love it

Its a shame that they changed the colour of the hair for the cover as i much prefer the brown.

Amazing stuff!

10 October 2009
Weyland-yutani? i thought it was the Wumpscut Logo on her pounch. and i guess it the OCP ( from Robocop ) logo on the lens?

10 October 2009
i like it. It so good

10 October 2009
Dang she's cute. for a toon. very nice work.

10 October 2009
The issue hit the stores near me this week... unfortunately, like a few others, it's 16 bucks a pop. I have most of ImagineFX, 3DWorld, 3DArtist... but man, pricey.

Still, back OT, congrats again on the cover!

10 October 2009
Talking

Ah Wow, now that's sweet-O. Cool as f-word. I'm so inspired to sketch. Awesome art Warren Louw!

10 October 2009
Wow

I see the cover for Imagine Fx very very good, your artwork is first class

Hesketh

www.graphicpainter.com

10 October 2009
Beautiful!

10 October 2009
Hot stuff. Great job. The seams on the gloves are excellent. It's a bit of a shame the final cover of the magazine is so cluttered though.

10 October 2009
Awesome! This looks like art that I would love to create
Makes me wanna draw stuff.. Thanks fo sharing ^^

10 October 2009
Originally Posted by linainverse23: Not a bad use of cartoon proportions (very hour glass body shape). The rendering of the torso skin tones is very nice, and I like the line contours and the arms (even the foreshortened one). I like the googles on the hat and the stitch work on the gloves. It adds a nice level a detail and more character.

Her nipples way be a little high (just a little), and you may have tapered her waist a little too thin (but that becomes a matter of opinion, but the nice work on the hips isn't helping). Maybe if you thinned it further down it may help. Up to you. Her face isn't harsh but more easy-going, which works for this pose (which isn't overtly threatening, just implied). Her hair design is nice as well. Keep it up. Good work.

Dear linainverse23:

I agree with you that, in general, the nipples on the breast are lower than what the painting showed, but there are models whose nipples are relatively high: http://www.gracefulnudes.com/Galler...-FEMJOY-012.jpg so it is not totally out of the question. Perhaps it would be a matter of whether or not, or to what degree, one likes plastic surgery??? Or am I off base here?

But mainly, I agree with you: it is up him. :-)

Just something to think about,

Jacob Potts :-)

10 October 2009
Great illustration. Very nice detailing, on the gloves for example.

Thread Closed share thread