Rain Forest, Philipstraub (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2003   #31
Id really like to see those nozzles. No im not asking you to give them away, but to share the principle. Ive never really bothered with the nozzles in painter, and tend to do most of my work "by hand", the long and tedious way. So anything that might speed up the process would be a nice gift.

And oh, its a beautiful picture. Really like the fogging of the background.

Old 08 August 2003   #32
You indeed managed to get to the 'disney look'
Magnifique!
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Old 08 August 2003   #33
wow great LOVE the colours really vibrant wow i like this alot

Old 08 August 2003   #34
beautifull work!!

just great!!

put some ape in there and you have jungle book hehe or tarzan..

rememberd me of the lion king, and tarzan games .. and i emidiatly thought on the odworld backgrounds,that had that same feel of depth.. really well done

Old 08 August 2003   #35
the colour mist and blending from blue to yellow is stunning, great work there... =)

Old 08 August 2003   #36
Thanks for all your feedback guys!

Old 08 August 2003   #37
phenomenal work on that website!! I especially liked the 3d cooperative work you did with your friend -- really great use of color and lighting! Defintely bookmarking the site for inspiration!

Old 08 August 2003   #38
Talking Congratulations

Great Stuff!!
=D

Old 08 August 2003   #39
broodingwolf: thanks...glads you like the site...I have much more to update. That's awesome you like the collaboritive stuff I did with Chris. We hope to do more...when we can find some time.

Old 08 August 2003   #40

Old 08 August 2003   #41
E.T: Nozzles are a curious thing. When i first discovered them I was a bit afraid to use them as I thought it was somehow cheating. I was used to creating all my textures and details in my traditional paintings by hand and therefore approached my digital paintings the same way.
But, tight deadlines in a studio can change that..and you do what you can to get the job done as fast as you can. There are 3 types of nozzles; a one rank, two rank, and three rank. Basically the rank is defined by the amount of variables you are allowed to create when making the nozzle. One variable for a one rank, two variable for a two rank and so on. The variables are things like varied sizes and angles of the clip art created for the nozzle. Creating them is a bit complicated to explain over this forum. If you are really interested you can check out the help menu in painter and it has a pretty good explanation of how to make them. Once you get it...it's a powerful tool. I have a library of them now and they help me complete paintings quite a bit faster.

Good luck

Phil

Old 08 August 2003   #42
I think your spatial knowledge is fantastic - excellent use of colour to create depth.

I just wanna jump in there and go hunting lizard men!!

wazza

Old 08 August 2003   #43
truly amazing!
I love the colors and the atmosphere.

Old 08 August 2003   #44
I love the colours!!

Old 08 August 2003   #45
Love it, love it, nothing more I can say. Nothing I would change, I really dig the transition from the blue on the right to the green, very very nice.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - which you are now placed

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Thread Closed share thread