Street Fighter Iii's :: Ibuki, Bengal (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
Superb!! I love it...
Mortel

08 August 2003
Five for me!

08 August 2003
Nice!
Surfed your site too, and you got some great skills bro'!

http://www.mrsanders.com

08 August 2003
Another streetfighter character, I must collect them all.

Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08 August 2003
wonderful. I love the colors of the shadow that's what impresses me most each time .

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Kaz
wow.. i love everything in your color gallery, i want all of them poster size... I could fill my room up with those.. you would make a killing selling prints on www.DaPrints.com .. i'd definatlly buy a few.

i DEFINETLY would fill up my room with all of your stuff too ! . did you ever think about making poster prints ?

08 August 2003
Your sensitivity to colour is awesome!!! Your drawing skill is really strong and you know how to compose your shots... You´ve got everything!!! One thing comes to my mind: Are you a well-known comic artist from 80´s and 90´s?

STRAT:
Quote: dont take this personal (which it definately isn't) but a completely fail to grasp why this type of post even gets stars

I can´t belive this comment. What are requirements to get stars other than quality????

08 August 2003
depends on your idea of quality. i dont find this particulaly amazing i'm sorry :(

08 August 2003
Of course you´re right. If your idea of quality is about Michellangelo, Da Vinci, Velazquez, Turner, Rembrandt, Monet... NO PICTURE on this board has enought quality for stars. But you should think relatively to the average here! And if you aren´t able to evaluate this very contrib beyond your personal taste (I mean its objetive values), you aren´t qualified to give stars.

Last edited by ShinChanPu : 08 August 2003 at 11:32 AM.

08 August 2003
strat>> don't apologize mister : i am a very beginner at art, and i have billions of things to learn still!! :) i just try to find my way, to improve... and i understand you think i don't deserve my stars : i'm amazed myself! ;) no problem, thx anyway! maybe you'll find quality behind a big amount of work on a piece... and i know the work i spend on my pieces is not viewable, which maybe makes people think i do easy pieces. i understand that, don't worry.

shin chan pu>> if you start talking about great historic masters, yes, i'll go take a rope and hang me up quick!! :D thanks mister!!
and no i'm not at all known yet... my first novel is about to be released in 8-10 months max ; this far, i've only done one novel (not released for publishers' problems...) and been designer in a video game studio. and i'm not that old : i'm 26!!!

all>> thanks a lot, really!!!!! i'm amazed by so many comments each time! :)
about the prints, i'll take a look at that ; but if i want to have a artbook printed someday after the novel's release, i have to keep the pieces away from any publication i think ;) so only a few would be printed whatever i decide.

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Shin Chan Pu
Of course you´re right. If your idea of quality is about Michellangelo, Da Vinci, Velazquez, Turner, Rembrandt, Monet... NO PICTURE on this board has enought quality for stars. But you should think relatively to the average here! And if you aren´t able to evaluate this very contrib beyond your personal taste (I mean its objetive values), you aren´t qualified to give stars.

my opinion is just as valid as yours and as right or wrong as yours and i'm equally qualified to crit it, relatively speaking as you put it. just because i'm not a fan like you and differ my opinion you cant understand it. a case of agree to disagree

besides, who are you to say that ppl's some work quality on this site DONT match up to the affore mentioned masters?

bengal - this is a nice peice of art dont get me wrong, it be very nice infact, but i too, like you, am amazed about the scoring system in this place.

i see excellent works here with next to no comments made, then i see (present company accepted) what i consider to be trash and it gets a shed load of fan-boy responses. kinda prooves my point.

Art is a personal thing which, imo, shouldn't and cant really be crited in the first place really.

Last edited by STRAT : 08 August 2003 at 11:58 AM.

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by STRAT then i see what i consider to be trash

if you say that for me you're becoming a little rude i'd say... i understand, you dislike, that's ok. but please no lessons until you show what you do know yourself... because i do lineart instead of digital paintings of 'dragon vs maids' doesn't mean i have no skills. maybe you just cannot see. i know there are lots of fanboy praising me, but not only. which makes me keep being confident in my work.

08 August 2003
i did say present company accepted, you miss quoted me

08 August 2003
aw sorry, i apologize, i'm not english ; what does 'present company accepted' mean in your previous tense??

08 August 2003
STRAT:
Quote: my opinion is just as valid as yours and as right or wrong as yours and i'm equally qualified to crit it, relatively speaking as you put it. just because i'm not a fan like you and differ my opinion you cant understand it. a case of agree to disagree

I´m not fan of Bengal or anyone on this board, believe me. I just enjoy good pieces from anyone. You might be right about being equally qualified, you, me, everyone... but what a coincidence that the EXPOSÉ jury has decided give him THE EXCELLENCE AWARD for another of his illustrations!!! Do you think the jury (all of them absolutely qualified by their experience and work) are fan of Bengal???

Thread Closed share thread