Songs Under The Apple Tree, Enayla (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
this is an awesome work! i am very impressed, when i saw your picture i felt like if i was watching an oil painting from the XIX century, do you know william bouguereau? its a french painter, one of the best artist of all time (but unfortunately he is unknown for the most of people) i think that you have his touch, i really want to see your work in a few years! because for me you can have the touch of the old masters! congratulations!.

<°))))<
fishies

08 August 2003
Thumbs down

Very Nice work !! I like ~ the drinks are on me

08 August 2003
This picture is so good in so many ways it makes me want to cry (and I'm a tough-a$$ New Yorker ). This image is one of those perfect pieces of art that totally trancend the medium they were created in.

Bravo Enayla, bravo

Hopefully you'll be back in here before the 5th of September, but if you're not; happy birthday (mine's the 10th ). You deserve a great big, best-ever, birthday present after your great work on this piece.
1011010 1110010 1001111 0101101 0110001

08 August 2003

Wow, wow, Awesome!!!!!!

(I wish I had something constructive to say, but I'm in too much awe )

08 August 2003
The cold is coming

I love forest backdrop. realy feels like winter is around the corner in that one.

08 August 2003
Definately my favorite of the ones I've seen you do. Great work kid!

08 August 2003
beautiful work.

The Journey Begins

08 August 2003
great drawing...................too good to be critiqued

08 August 2003
very good good work!drawing is excellent the pose is really awesome, and the environment looks very good.& accurate
I like the birds very much ! good that u got inspired from classics (insome way it reminds me
Le dejeuner sur l'herbe)
maybe you'd arrive to the status of a classic if you made the athmosphere more based on light,
like in Impressionism works (Monet kinda light expecially)

but since this can depend also from your committers, GREAT work indeed.

P:S: checking to see more in your website!!

08 August 2003
Beautiful image. Of course no comment on your technical skills...

08 August 2003
HOT DAMN THAT IS SWEET! Thanks for the new wallpaper. And you have AMAZING talent!

08 August 2003
hi,
1.youve nailed the skin/flesh on her feet...havent seen a better rendition of flesh/skin anywhere...on the feet that is.

2.The environment seams a bit encroaching...for lack of a better word, this along with the color scheme suffocates me a little.

3.Her hand(next to the wing) looks undetailed from the forearm down...and her wrist looks a little thick(not my impression of a gentel butterfly lady of the woods ).

4.The pond seams unpreturbed...movement within stilness is what i'd prefer...but you've conveyed that with the birds.

FYI...i cant draw a straight line.But i love landscapes and environments...wish i was as seren'dipitous as the lady

ace work.

b

08 August 2003
Really great work, Linda! I've seen your work around quite a bit, and I checked out your web page...you have some incredible talent.

I do agree about the shadows of the leaves on the skin. The problem, I think, is very simple; you have established the light source as coming in from the upper left, but the shadows of the leaves on her skin kind of look like that are being cast from the upper right. Seems like you might be better off losing those shadows altogether.

By the way, what size wacom do you use?

08 August 2003
hey man realy great work! great style! i just have one critic, the fact that the wing is from a butterfly, in my opinion it dosen´t suit the beauty of the fairy, when i see butterflys i see them as a little creepy, but that is just me. keep up the great work and style!

c-yaa!

Thread Closed share thread