Dark Warlord, Daniel Conway (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
Absolutely astonishing! The level of detail, composition, fantastic use colouring and lighting. I love the dark atmosphere. I also personally really like the contrast of traditional and new technology. A pleasure to view. I continue to be astounded by the level of painterly work that can be achieved with programs like photoshop. Thanks for sharing it with us.

- allseeingi

08 August 2003
Another GREAT work Arcipello! Ive been a great admirer of your work for some time, I first saw your stuff on deviantart but i dont have an account so I couldnt post replies. Anyway Keep up the great work man, Im 17 and an aspiring digital artist and Ill let you know your a big inspiration!
PS--> How exactly do you start your work? Do you just sit down w/ your wacom and start sketching and if it looks good, continue it? Or do you scan in a hand drawn sketch 1st, and then color? I like to take the 2nd approach but this prevents me from going above and beyond what I have on the paper. If that makes any sense.... anyway great stuff!

08 August 2003
Great atmosphere! Nice work

08 August 2003
great work! I love the light and the backlighting effect!!

08 August 2003
This is freaking great work man! Truely shizting!! I would love to see more like this.

08 August 2003
Thumbs down

Great work!
Even though i can see that the only "strong" lightsourch is from behind, it would be cool to have a bit more light in his face, just so we could see the character better. No crits, just a request to see more of your awsome skills=)

But again! Great work! Wish i could do half of that!
sheers!

08 August 2003
It's awesome!!!

very nice... very nice..... i like the lightning and character.... keep on doin it.... :-)

08 August 2003
I think you may enjoy Goya paintings. Look at these for composition and human subtleties. Goya also has a very good sense of relative scale. Sorry to be critical.

08 August 2003
wow this is good, i like the light glaring out from behind! merging with the bluish green in front..

08 August 2003
it's easy to tell that you're not experienced in drawing horses, the flag looks flat/fake, and the picture overall doesn't really do it for me..kinda boring but other than all that it's a decent picture

08 August 2003
I love it...

I think the style and composition is awesome! Just curious do you use a drawing tablet to do your pieces? Keep up the great work!!

08 August 2003
yeah i use an A6 graphire 2.....could do with a new one:(

anyway here are couple of detail shots

08 August 2003

Nice Lighting. And good use of tight and loose brush handling.

08 August 2003
hey! nice style, and very impressive work.
art? of course!,

Thread Closed share thread