Astronauts, Michael Kutsche (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2009
Nice lighting!

Im going to say that its a few existentialists roaming around, with that obscure perspective of the world, exploring like 'astronauts'.

Keep them coming.

07 July 2009
An outstanding piece indeed!!

07 July 2009
still an awesome work

07 July 2009
I am a big fan of your work! thanks for sharing and inspiring.

07 July 2009
wow ! i love it !

08 August 2009
Well done. Amazing piece of work.

08 August 2009
Thumbs up Thumbs up

Amazing As Ever

08 August 2009
Thumbs up ..

Great Atmosphere!

08 August 2009
Talking Artist's Belief

What these guys have to do with astronauts ??
Nothing to look like astronauts, perhaps guys from east european army forced to lift bags of garbage or clothes
Astronauts make people dream, these guys not

"I truly believe that an artwork should speak for itself, it has to work even if the viewer doesn't read an instruction manual or the biography of the artist."

I don't know because here, an explanation is really needed )
However, amazing technique !!

08 August 2009
Originally Posted by ratus69: What these guys have to do with astronauts ??
Nothing to look like astronauts, perhaps guys from east european army forced to lift bags of garbage or clothes
Astronauts make people dream, these guys not

"I truly believe that an artwork should speak for itself, it has to work even if the viewer doesn't read an instruction manual or the biography of the artist."

I don't know because here, an explanation is really needed )
However, amazing technique !!

Personally, I don't think any explanation is needed at all. People can probably come up with a lot of appropriate interpretations. To me, looking at this image, I immediately interpret it as guys who are doing a boring job, who are daydreaming that they are astronauts so that they do not feel bored.

08 August 2009
Wink

This is unbelievable! Really well done!

08 August 2009
Michael the detail in your images always blows me away. This one is no different. Well done, a very inspiring piece. Regarding the discussion of whether they look like astronauts/the need for an explanation, etc, I agree with Leigh. No need for one, it should be up to the viewer. To me these guys could be astronauts who have landed on a cold, barren earth-like planet. Maybe they are currently making their way to their base. Anyway you look at it, it's a brilliant image.

the cake is a lie

08 August 2009
Consistency

Well in fact the point here is the lack of consistency between the idea behind the drawing and the drawing...
I'm astonished to see really good drawing technique used in a way that means nothing really interesting.
What is the aim of such a painting ? What the painter wanted to tell us ? Why having named this piece of art "astronanauts" ?

The explanations given by Leigh
"I immediately interpret it as guys who are doing a boring job, who are daydreaming that they are astronauts so that they do not feel bored."
Doesn't convince me : they look old and one is smoking...are you sure they are dreaming to be astronauts ? they do not feel bored ? hard to tell....

And Madbot told us :
"To me these guys could be astronauts who have landed on a cold, barren earth-like planet. Maybe they are currently making their way to their base."
Have you ever seen an astronaut smoked ? earth-like planet ? it would take ages to find one and if one day we will find it, I'm afraid clothes won't look like old clothes from Russian or Chinese army

And here we can see that all "serious" explanations given won't stand because of the lack of consistency of this paint : plastic bags, cigarette, boring guys...does-it really make you "instantly" think of astronaut's world ????
Sorry not me

But if it's just for fun, it's ok

08 August 2009
No words, it's absolutely amazing work. Your picture motivate me to paint something

08 August 2009
i love your style
great work !

Thread Closed share thread