Wen-kido-yin, Olijosman (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2003   #61
Cool! I think he looks a bit like Elvis! I definately liked the cartoon style, and I had no problems with the proportions... So keep it up! Good work, and just ignore those guys critizising the proportions. They look fine!

Old 07 July 2003   #62
hmm. I can't see any blaring problems at all with this.

It's excellently done.

It's an excellent blend of cinematic cartoon movie poster style. You know, like the ad for Titan AE. A good painting for a traditional 2.5 animated movie.

Like the background too. Very stylized hair works with the other proportions.

Yes, definitely a Young Elvis/Titan AE/Luke Skywalker.

Old 07 July 2003   #63
Ok. I don't know if this person asked for a crit I have but one. Still, it's very very mininal and had this piece been a backlit duratran in some theater hall of coming attractions I would'nt have notice it.

Again to me. It's perfect, but If I were really, really, REALLY nitpicking I would say there's a slight optical flaw in the shading or rendering under in the chest plate in the shadows of the neck protectant and the two vent ducts that gives the illusion of it being sunken in and I tend to think it's throws the portions but not a problem with the proportion per se. The shadow from the neckbrace convexes the rotundity of the breast plate and the left teat duct. The characters right breast vent duct is perfect in shadow but I'm thinking the character's left duct would be better in if had the same specular highlight as the rim of the shoulder blades and top rim of the neck armor protectant. Actually by the way the paint is slighly over worked, it looks like it was highlighted and then you rubbed it out. Maybe it was too many highlights and disturbed that focal area. That's why I can't say definitely. Maybe it had the same purple specularity as the left shoulder which is cleanly done, it might distribute the eye down to the sword.

Still, your discolorations in the flesh is awesome. Lastly, Elvis had a slightly big head. I think your character has better proportions then him.

no offense...I loved Elvis.

Last edited by AVTPro : 07 July 2003 at 03:37 PM.

Old 07 July 2003   #64
I Love it

Great work, You sure deserve the gallery honours. I love the whole presentation. There is feeling and sence of purpose in your image.

Old 07 July 2003   #65
Excellent work,

Clean, colorful and very artistic...which I believe is what he was going for. Great job.

Since this piece is finished and fitting the artists personal style I dont think it can be critiqued here.

Old 07 July 2003   #66
Nice asien look.. with a big head too

Old 07 July 2003   #67
Thanks for all!!

Last edited by olijosman : 08 August 2003 at 08:37 AM.

Old 07 July 2003   #68
Dude .. that is just too funny. I love this drawing !!!

Old 07 July 2003   #69
Viper3d: I agree, it does more harm than good to give people false hope with mindless praise. Constructive criticism is *very* important, imo, but it needs to be balanced with encouragement. For example, my friend could have said, "The head & feet are too small, but it's going to be a pretty good pic once you fix it". Admittedly, it was rather weak of me to quit drawing, but you live & learn.

Old 07 July 2003   #70
Nice pic but... The arm is a little too short and the mic resembles a maraca... Funny Pic!

Old 07 July 2003   #71
ya i agree hook. If its not constructive then it has no place anywhere, except a trash talking forum, and apparently thats how Panta took it. I never once directed anything towards him and he took everything seriously and called me completely stupid. He just further proves that some people need to lighten up, but hey thats just my opinion... if he wants to be a complete little brat... its fine by me. Maybe he needs to study english a little more and read my post again, I never once addressed him or his statements directly.

With that, I'm done with this thread. This has turned into an argument thread rather than a gallery/critique thread for someone's work. Sorry Olijo, good job again.

Old 07 July 2003   #72
HEY people ELVIS IS HERE!!!

you did it again jose, awesome picture!!!

congratulations!!!

Le temps mange la vie

Old 07 July 2003   #73
Great shading and lightning work on this character! I like the style of it, good work!

Old 07 July 2003   #74
Very nice ..color & lighting all perfect!

Old 07 July 2003   #75
Looks like that guy that runs Sijun.net. ie - kind of strange...

Thread Closed share thread