Wen-kido-yin, Olijosman (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
yes, the sice of the head is big, like the hands and the shoes...
you know, cartoon style!

Last edited by olijosman : 07 July 2003 at 12:04 AM.

07 July 2003
Quote: Originally posted by olijosman
yes, the sice of the head is big, like the hands and the shoes...
you now, cartoon style!

It doesn't match since the style has too many realistic elements to work as cartoon style. It's a nice piece of work but it's certainly flawed and not "perfect" like some fanboys have gushed.

07 July 2003
Thanks for you opinion!

07 July 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Chewey
It doesn't match since the style has too many realistic elements to work as cartoon style. It's a nice piece of work but it's certainly flawed and not "perfect" like some fanboys have gushed.

chewey I think your being a little hard on olijosman work you know it sure does look like a cartoon, even tho now a days cartoons don't always mean realistic look at the show trigun.

07 July 2003
I agree with Chewey's opinions, but I don't approve of the condescending tone he used to express them. Overall, I think it's a very nice pic with a few minor flaws.

07 July 2003
I really like the sword and the rest of th the body, the head seems a little female in shape but the overall affect is wonderful, great image.

07 July 2003
All the hard noses with critiques need to remember that this isn't the focused critique forum, This is the Gallery/Finished work so people can share the work they have created. If he wanted a critique he would have posted it in the Focused Critique forum. Just my 2 cents.

Kenn

p.s. It looks good! How long did it take you to create it?

07 July 2003
It´s an old picture, a week I think!
thanks for all BlueCougar

07 July 2003
Quote: Originally posted by The Cross
Will somebody colour everyframe of a 2D animation like that already !?

Hehehe... I'm waiting for that to!

07 July 2003
Another piece of Artwork!

Now that i see another picture of you, i gotta say that your lightning its really awesome, it gots style and personallity...

cheers...

Los fallos q ve el pavo este, de q si el cuello y los hombros,sólo q sepas q yo no los veo, y no soy ningun fanboy, sólo para q tengas otra opinion...

Keep posting!

_________
angel

07 July 2003
this may seem a bit nit picky but the area in the below picture is blurred... any how nice job... I really like the style!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guruh.jpg (16.1 KB, 94 views)

07 July 2003
It looks great, but im a bit confused. Is it suppose to be a woman or a man?

07 July 2003
I think the character looks excellent. The proportions don't bother me at all, but then I believe in taking artistic liscence with things like that. Personally, I'm not a fan of cloud backgrounds -even though these were rendered very well. Great Work! Let's see some more!

07 July 2003
Quote: Originally posted by grafikdon
'Will somebody colour everyframe of a 2D animation like that already !?'

LOL. You wouldn't like the effect of that technique, trust me. Imagine characters with flickering skin and clothe colours.

Yeah but with a LOT of work you might be able to get something simular out of 3D with no flickering.

-Don

07 July 2003
Yes, this piece may have its flaws and it may not be perfect, but to "MY" eyes it is perfect because it works for "ME". "I" like the look of the character, "I" like the pose, the lighting and the overall look.

To me, it conveys a kid looking to kick some major butt because of some wrong doing that was perpetrated on his family or village.

I am not an artist by any stretch, hell I can't draw stick figures, but "I" know what "I" like and "I" like this artwork. Isn't that what is intended with art, to please and/or move the individual viewer ? This piece moved me.

Great work Olijosman.

Thread Closed share thread