The bloody rain, wei Chen (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2009
I put a couple of direct comparison images together to show what I mean.

In my opinion this helmet has been copied, pasted and changed a bit.

This plate armor looks to have had the same treatment to me too, especially when you compare the rendering to the armor by Wei Chen on the far right. The detail and approach look completely different.

Like I originally said, Wei Chen does some terrific work, but this kind of thing does nothing for the art or the artist and brings down an otherwise very nice piece of work.

05 May 2009
a helmet and shoulder guard. I figured you were referring to the plate armor, which is the most notable of the piece. Not sure about that third image in the second example (what are you comparing there?)

05 May 2009
Alright. I will concede that the helmet and shoulder armor shown below look incredibly similar to the point of appearing copied and re-rendered. I don't agree as much with the plate armor (I feel that it's suitably different or changed enough. I simply couldn't find teh same effect with the breast plates). You did defend your point well in the this sense, though. Just be very specific next time, I was looking for something totally different when you pointed it out the first time.

05 May 2009
The third image in the second example is a section of Wei Chen's rendering of armor. I included it to show the very stark difference between how it was rendered and how the shoulder armor is rendered in the first 2 images of the second example.

I'm not sure what you mean about not agreeing with the other stuff you mention. In my original post all I said was 'some of the details look *very* similar to Donato's work, in particular the armor on the men'. I didn't mention anything specific deliberately, I was inviting people to take a closer look for themselves. Which you said you did. And then you basically called me a liar.

I appreciate that you like this artists work, but you jumped in to their defence without thoroughly checking the works.

I don't enjoy doing this kind of thing, at all. But I happen to think it's very important, for many reasons, to call it out when it happens.

05 May 2009
Unhappy

Alright, then allow me to eat a piece of humble pie. I was wrong. I do apologize for jumping on you when my preliminary search didn't match what I thought I read on your post. I jumped to conclusions and berated you for it. That was wrong of me. (In case you're wondering, there's no sarcasism or mocking here. No emotions in a text post).

Your claim is justified, and I do not berate you for making the claim. I have no qualms stating when someone thinks an idea or image was copied or stolen. I have seen a few examples of it before from past experiences. You, of course, do have every right (and are right to do so) to post concerns regarding these issues.

My response before, when it turned out you were right, could be seen as disregard for a true and genuine claim. I would not want this to mean that I support copying or refute claims of it. You were justified in your claim, and it was good of you to defend it, because now I see otherwise. If we were face-to-face I'd hold out my hand in hopes you'd accept my apology. I'm sorry.

05 May 2009
I appreciate you saying that, thank you

Right, let's get back to having some fun painting!

05 May 2009
the gold breast plate really emerged out of the red cape. nice composition.

05 May 2009
很棒的作品。

可惜我不在成都,要不就参加你的培训了。

07 July 2009
Very good. I like the subject matter. I'm really interested in things like Xena Warrior Princess and the Legendary Journey's of Hercules. This illustation fits perfectly into the theme of that subject matter. Colors are very lively and fit well in the composition to add a sense of style to the characters involved in the theme here.

07 July 2009
Thumbs up

Good compo and very nice dynamic.
good colors too

My A.Secret Post

08 August 2009
OMG...you are sooooo awesome!
The whole painting looks so perfect!
As a chinese we are so proud of you man!

08 August 2009
Thumbs up

It`s our Chinese pride ! congratulation

09 September 2009
Cool! intresting work

01 January 2010
I like at most the main womans figure including her pose, concentrated face expression, her dress with using red colurs. Also great is the mysterious green tree and the red flowing parts of stuff.

http://www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com/

Thread Closed share thread