Half Her Heart's Duet, Cynthia Sheppard (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2009   #46
Smile

i really love the composition, its amazing. theres just one litle shade by her legs that goes from the dress to the background, not sure if that was on purpose or not . anyways i find it really interesting. not sure how good is a comment from me im not really that big, just starting but im jist trying to aport some opinion. great job

i would apreciate if anyone could comment on my artwork i really want top get better at it. than you

Old 04 April 2009   #47
Originally Posted by santihoyos: i really love the composition, its amazing. theres just one litle shade by her legs that goes from the dress to the background, not sure if that was on purpose or not .

Yeah, a couple things have been pointed out, including the spot on the leg - it was intentionally put there as part of the group of ashes that were swirling about, but I've realized thru comments on this and the imaginefx forums that it was awkwardly placed and too blurred to be consistent with the other paper scraps. Thanks for commenting!

Old 04 April 2009   #48
this is just fantastic

Old 04 April 2009   #49
I love this. Colors are so lovely!
What I like best though is the face- it is so expressive and pretty without being typical or idealized. She looks like a real person with character, not a fantasy.
Love it!!! Congratulations

rockstarkate.com

Old 04 April 2009   #50
Very nice, I like the strong feeling in the hands, very realistic.

Old 04 April 2009   #51
a really nice painting, but what strikes me recently is that apparantly most of the people in drawings seem to have a serious cold ... so many shiny red noses ...

Old 04 April 2009   #52
ah-choo!

Originally Posted by asche: a really nice painting, but what strikes me recently is that apparantly most of the people in drawings seem to have a serious cold ... so many shiny red noses ...

Either I have a serious Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer fixation I should see a therapist about... or perhaps she was crying recently? On the other hand, I'm of Scottish descent, so I'm used to my nose being red when I cry... or drink... or when it's cold out. Actually there are very few times when my nose *isn't* red that I can think of... I guess it subconsciously works itself into the art!

Old 04 April 2009   #53
the rudolph fixation sounds the nicest
still no need to see a therapist , though, if that fixation leads to such paintings

Old 04 April 2009   #54
Talking

very nice, how long did it take you? I luv how the paper is burning around her and the atmosphere is right.

Nice. ^___^

Old 04 April 2009   #55
Nice work!! wonderful colors and painting. keep going !

Old 04 April 2009   #56
Nice

The colors are amazing; I really like these tones ; orange; fire; sunset; surise; flames. I love the smoke, the lighting effects on the girl. Very nice artwork.

Old 04 April 2009   #57
it is really impressive work,
color, mood, feel, great great

Old 04 April 2009   #58
Cynthia

Nothing more that I can add compliment-wise. I do admire all those little bits that show so much hard work, like creases on the dress, bits on the lace, or those thorns creeping up from the ground; while you said earlier that you like killing yourself with the details, I can share with you one proverb which goes "It is in the details where the devil likes to dwell", which is to say that details give us away. And they give away a lot of good stuff about your workshop. Great piece

Old 04 April 2009   #59
Smile

very nice,,,,,

Old 04 April 2009   #60
Remarkable work, lots of emotion to decipher (or leave alone). I think that the blurred paper ashes are a nice touch, and slow down the image what with all of the combustible music sheets fluttering around. I also like the toes... very nice, dirty and crooked toes.

My only question would be whether her lace sash goes around her back or not... I sort of assume it does.

Thread Closed share thread